NCL Majesty v Carnival Holiday

Iwant1

Just wondering if anyone has cruised on both ships? We cruised on the Holiday Jan. '08 and are scheduled to cruise the Majesty in Sept. '08 and am curious the similarities/differences. I know they are both older, smaller ships which is ok with us. Thanks for your thoughts!

I have been on the Holiday twice - this was 8-9 years ago. The Holiday was the worst ship I think we have ever been on. I thought that they had replaced or sunk it by now.

We were on the Majesty last year to Bermuda. As long as you get a larger size room you will love the ship. The crew is great and the ship, like the Holiday is small and easy to navigate. It is in very good condition. We had a room on the Prominade Deck and it was super as we were outside on deck by walking 50 feet.

We have been on Carnival for 3 cruises and never again.

I have not sailed the Holiday, but I have been on its "twin", the Celebration, as well as the Majesty. Although they are similar in size, I'll take the Majesty any day. Carnival's decor is just too over-the-top for me, and I thought the service was good, not great.

The Majesty though.....aaaaahhhhhhh.......great little ship! My opinion is that NCL does a much better job of maintaining their older ships, and the service on the Majesty was quite possibly the best we have had on ANY ship.

If you liked the Holiday, you should love the Majesty!!

Archived