Help for a newbie?

judgemom

I have been reading all week on here and still would like some guidance, and even personal thoughts as well.

My dh decided LAST FRIDAY that we should go on a Western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston (close to home) on RC Voyager of the Seas. 7 nights, April 20, not much time to prepare:eek:

Coz, Roatan, Progresso. I had to book today because of filling up. FIRST CRUISE....

This is all overwhelming to me as I like to study and know everything!!

My hubby and I are professional people, BUT....very casual and laid back..... My hubby more than myself....He is comfortable in jeans and a polo, even for dinners..... He will wear dockers, shirt, and light jacket. Will we be allowed in the dining room or will we end up in the burger joints? Would he be uncomfortable wearing jeans and jacket in the dining room?

We do not have time to get passports as first my hubby has to obtain a certified copy of the birth certificate.

At the ports, are there any suggestions of adventures? In Roatan I am looking at snorkeling, and Coz, we are looking at the harley ride. Has anyone taken the harley tour? Should we book our excursions through the RC website or wait until we get there? Particular procedures....

Any help or advice would be so much appreciated.....

Yay! You're going to have fun!

I was in Cozumel a while ago and we had a great time renting a jeep and diving around the island. There are some great beach bars on the east side. I'm sure a Harley ride would be fun too. The locals are kinda crazy drivers, though so be careful!

As for dinner clothes, jeans are definitely not something to be worn in the dining room. At least get him to go with the chinos and a button up shirt. A jacket really isn't required on regular nights. Remember there will be 2 formal nights too so a suit is something he'll have to pack. If you really don't want to mess with formal night, you can always eat in the buffet or at the burger joint.

Have a great time!!

Archived