Passport Question US and Foreign

billylen

I am an american citizen considering a cruise on NCL. I assume that I will not be required to provide a passport (I do have one), but I am more concerned about anyone traveling with me from another country. I am specifically wondering abuot a student who is staying in this country on a F-1 visa. Will they be required to provide proof other than a drivers license?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

• Administrators
I am an american citizen considering a cruise on NCL. I assume that I will not be required to provide a passport (I do have one), but I am more concerned about anyone traveling with me from another country. I am specifically wondering abuot a student who is staying in this country on a F-1 visa. Will they be required to provide proof other than a drivers license?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I would not accept any answer you get here (including mine) as gospel; this is the kind of question you really should address to the cruise line and/or state department for a definitive answer.

I believe, however, that since none of you will ever leave the country on this trip (assuming you fly from the mainland to Hawaii, cruise, then fly back from the mainland to Hawaii), only normal domestic travel ID is required. It's no different than flying from your home city to Orlando for a week at Disneyworld, then back home.

• Administrators
I would not accept any answer you get here (including mine) as gospel; this is the kind of question you really should address to the cruise line and/or state department for a definitive answer.

I believe, however, that since none of you will ever leave the country on this trip (assuming you fly from the mainland to Hawaii, cruise, then fly back from the mainland to Hawaii), only normal domestic travel ID is required. It's no different than flying from your home city to Orlando for a week at Disneyworld, then back home.

Wow, I made a hash of that one! Obviously, I meant flying back from Hawaii to the mainland after the cruise. Sorry if it was confusing.

Archived