Taking wine onboard

naples queen

I just want to confess that we feel we contributed to the 2 bottles of wine limit. Sorry!

A few years ago, we brought a case of wine on Galaxy and shared a bottle each night at dinner. We paid the $15 corkage fee every day, which we thought was reasonable. However, we drove to that port.

Now, we're flying to San Juan and don't want to deal with lugging any wine along. Can we order a bottle of wine to be delivered to the room, during the cruise?

Yes Dona a fabulous cruise, The Hilton Hotel on the Cosol tour I think it was , was excelent .Island St Lucia. The Boatyard in Barbados was also great .The table & chairs & drink was 1/2 price just 20ft away next door Ask your dinner waiter .they & the assist Matre D where well informed on which was the best. There was too many Ports of Call for my liking ( I'm old) 8 in 10 days. Good thing they were all along side ( no tendering) Ship ,food & embarkation excelent Taxi to ship $23.50 for 5 of us & luggage one way

I'm just back off the Infinity 2/15-3/1 Round the Horn and had various experiences with bringing wine on board.

First, I put 2 bottles in each of 3 suitcases at the beginning of the cruise. Nothing whatsoever was said, and when the suitcases arrived in the suite I put all 6 bottles on the bar. The butler asked if I needed an opener...

Next, in Puerto Madryn, coming back aboard I asked the security person manning the xray about bringing some on board. I was told only wine allowed and 2 at a time. I went over to Guest Services and asked the lady on duty there what the policy was and was told none allowed beyond embarkation day. I then went back to the boarding area, which was that day in sight of Guest Services, and asked aloud what the policy was. There were no passengers boarding at that time so I got 3 opinions from the security people there that it was OK to bring on wine only. This in the face of a big easel with a large sign announcing the NO ALCOHOL policy, including no wine. So a friend and I went back into Pto Madryn and each bought two bottles. No problem getting on board. They were scanned and referred to a food service person near the scanner for inspection. When it was determined they were wine he handed them back and said thank you.

They were confiscating anything else, though. At various times the food service table at security had Bailey's and several other liqueurs with tags for storage.

And careful reading of documents received from Celebrity containing the policy revealed most prohibited wine from intermediate ports, but not all.

So the policy is confusing, erratic, and deserves testing each time. I'd ask security on the way out and act accordingly.

On embarkation day, is it all right to get off the ship once we intially board so that we can shop for wine at the pier? Or will they confiscate the wine if that's all we have? We will have our hands full and it would be easier to get the wine after dropping off our other carry ons.

THERE YOU GO!

Board the ship, get your room settled, your carry ons locked up, and leave. Come back with the 2 bottles of wine (on Celebrity) you are allowed to carry on, and take those to your room. Leave the ship again, and come back with two more bottles. How many times can you do that at the SF pier between noon and 4pm? :confused:

Archived