We're Going to Seatrade -- Want to come along??

LauraS

Hello Laura,

I hope the topic of Charleston, SC becoming a cruise port (more than it is now) will come up. Charleston is a beautiful port city and, as of now, there are only two cruise lines who use this port. They are NCL and Carnival. NCL's Majesty cruises from there and Carnival Victory only sails out of Charleston twice a year. It would be wonderful if the cruise lines would consider Charleston.

I'm with you on this one!! Would love to know if this is a possibility.

I wish they would change the 'laws' re: sailing from certain ports - I would love to experience 'get aways' from San Franciso to San Diego and then back without having to sail to Mexico - and also the reverse of San Francisco to Seattle and back - 4 days/ 5 days,/ 7 days without having to go to Canada. How about a route from San Francisco to Hawaii and back ? Corkey

Unfortunately this is out of the cruiselines' hands. You may want to check out the PVSA :mad: thread here on Ask a Cruise Question (that's the thread that's over 1600 posts the last time I looked). In fact, Karen posted a question on page one of this thread about the proposed changes to the PVSA, which may be one of the more important questions to pose to the cruiselines right now. (I just noticed this thread tonight)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Laura,

Since the cruise ships are such great destinations unto themselves, have the cruiselines ever considered a 10 day, no port cruise??? Just 10 lovely sea days without a shore excursion in site. We love being in the Caribbean but we have done the ports so many times, for the most part we don't get off the ship so why not just eliminate the ports and maybe some port fees and just take a long, lovely ride.

Thanks for your time.

• 3 weeks later...
do you think the cruise-lines will ever consider all-inclusive fares(alcohol, soda,internet) for some of there cruises? my husband and i love to cruise and we would love to have several of our friends join us, but it is hard convincing them when they do make a good argument that with an all inclusive land vacation, you really don't have to worry about any extras.

Cruisebug, that is an excellent idea. I would love the cruise lines to offer an all inclusive price or just a cruise price. Then there are more options for a vacation, George

Archived