latest track for hurricane jeanne!!!!!!!!

curly4dana

231148W.gif

this is from the nation hurricane website!!!!!!!!

here we go again!!!! can poor florida get a break here?????????? we have really had about all we can take at this point, but we'll be making preparations and getting the supplies, again(!)....

stay tuned and PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

okay south floridians...get those shutters back up, in case you even bothered to take them down and start lloking for water, candles, batteries and flashlights...etc!!!

don't delay! you know what happened last time!!!!

we'll just have to pray and hope everyone is safe.........fingers crossed in west palm beach!!!!!!!

okay south floridians...get those shutters back up, in case you even bothered to take them down

LOL :) We didn't... Been living in the "Bat Cave" since Frances... This has been on crazy Hurricane Season. Good Lucky fellow Floridians looks like we are going to take this one too...

none of my neighbors took down their shutters either...would you believe that my dh pulled all the tape off the windows last nite?!!?? i asked him why he was doing that and he said he could just tape them again! guess what he's going to be doing tonite??? lol

we're also going to board up the 2 big windows we have in the lr and br and tape the smaller ones.

we still have damage to our carport/garage from frances!!! OMG!!!!! and the insurance adjuster hasn't been to us yet....

hopefully he won't have to come for MORE damage!!!!!!!!!!

liberty...get those supplies ready! i know we are!

we're praying for florida!!!!!!!!!!!

We still have shutters up on some of our office windows! We have plywood sheets stacked in our front entry way too! Lots of water, canned food and the battery operated radios & tv and battery operated lanterns are still in the living room! I'm not putting that stuff away until December!

Oh Dana..I agree with you....I am so done with this Hurricane season ! DH and I have not taken the wood off the house and probably won't til Thanksgiving at this rate..ha. We had a trip planned for NJ leaving tonight but I just cancelled that flight...can't leave dear grandmother here alone while we are gone...despite the fact that I really do not want to have to go through another one.

My cruise on 10/30 is looking better and better. Still have all our supplies and even bought a generator so we are all set..just need to pick up some sandwich meat and ice..just in case !

Saw the news last night about Jeanne!! My husband left this morning for New York until Monday, which means I'll be dealing with Jeanne by myself! UGH!! He took down all the plywood a week ago, which means I'll have to put it all back up. The thought of me on a ladder with power tools is VERY, VERY scary!! LOL I am SO over this!

Starfire, before you get on a ladder take a look at this site, www.hurricanealley.net DH called to tell me about it. He likes this site as it shows how far the winds will go out and what strength they will be. If Jeanne stays on her projected pathe & that's a big IF, you may be okay. Just be safe no matter what you do. Falling off a ladder with a power tool....:eek: :( .

This was in our local newspaper today. I gave me a good laugh.

You might be a Floridian if...

You have more than 20 C & D batteries in your kitchen drawer

The freezer in your garage is full of homemade ice

You flinch when you are introduced to a person named Charley, Frances or Ivan

Your pantry contains more than 10 cans of Spaghetti Os.

You are thinking of repainting your house to match the plywood covering your windows

When describing your house to a prospective buyer, you say it has 3 bedrooms,2 baths and 1 safe place

You are on a first-name basis with the cashier at Home Depot

You decide that your patio furniture looks better on the bottom of the pool

You have the number for FEMA on your speed dialer

You can recite from memory whole portions of your homeowner's insurance policy

You catch a 5-pound catfish. In your driveway

Making coffee on you propane grill does not seem like an odd thing to do

You can rattle off the names of three or more meteorologists who work at the Weather Channel

And I added one of my own:

You have to wear sunglasses inside your house because it's too bright with the plywood off of the windows

starfire...loks like orlando might be ok...we in west palm beach are in for it so far. dh boarded up the windows tonite and i bought some of the supplies and we'll do more shopping tomorrow. i noticed that the local publix is not re-stocking shelves as fast as they usually do. i bet they don't re-stock any of the cold stuff, seeing as how they lost so much with frances.

the lines for gas are around the block and home depot is looking a lot like the bronx zoo...lol

sprcmp...we taped the windows for frances and had no problem. when my dh tapes...he TAPES!!! lol

we have always had a generator because dh is in construction and uses it for work. whew!

would you believe my insurance people called me this morning to ask if the adjuster had been to my house yet??? i had to laugh. i told the woman on the phone not to even bother. i'll take pics of the damage from frances and they can send him after jeanne blows through! are they crazy? i'm not making 2 claims and getting charged that stupid 2% hurricane deductible twice!!! forget it...they are not getting any more money from me!!! lol

anyway, i'll post the new coordinates asap...

looks like she keeps falling south and that puts us right in the thick of it!!!! oh holy

cow!!!

we're all buttoned up and the generator is ready and we have enough supplies for this and the next season! lol dh and i both went to the grocery store and when we got home, we realized we'd bought the same stuff. so we have double supplies. too funny. hey, better more than not enough!!! lol

i'll stay online for as long as i have power and phone. if y'all don't hear from me, you'll know i'm sitting in the dark, HOT house. crap!!!

looks like jeanne is going to hit in the same place frances hit 3 wks. ago. first time in history that's ever happened. so great...we're in the record books. that and 4 hurricanes put us there. what a way to make history!!!!

stay safe floridians on th east coast!!!! button up and be prepared!!! the life you save may be your own!

prayers going out to all floridians from west palm beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to the store TONIGHT....I'm in Jacksonville and I don't like the track of THIS one!!! My brother and SIL live in Melbourne and for the 2nd time this hurricane season are heading to my Mom's here in JAX to stay...they were literally evacuated so had to come here. Frances hit them but no damage, luckily! Let's hope this time it's not as bad. We are expecting the worse and are stocking up too. We had 60-70mph winds with Frances and they say this one will be worse and everyone lost power for a week...so I've got my batteries and water and am just hoping for the best.

ANOTHER thing...about TAPING your windows. Just remember where you live and think about the humidity and getting that tape OFF the windows. We have houses here boarded up from Frances that just left the wood on the windows and that to me is NOT safe. How do you get out in an emergency??? YIKES

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Y'all see where that "H" is for 2 p.m. on Sunday??? Well, guess what - that's right where my house is!! Oh no! I don't wanna do this alone!! Can I whine? I think I need to go make myself a tropical drink with an umbrella and just "forgeddaboutit". LOL

I was rasied in Lake Worth, 3 generations!!

Now I'm up here in NE Ga. We have gotten both hurricanes too, last one blew trees down and flooded everywhere, not nothing as bad as Fl. and we had no property damage.

Nothing is worse in Fl as sitting in your house w/o AC, Hot is not the word for it! I can't beleive I grew up down there with no A/C in our house!!

Atleast it's cool here .

I do have cottages for rent if anyone wants to run!!! ( I got a lot of calls the last 2 hurricanes from Fl.)

Nana's River Cottages

Vacation Rentals in the North Georgia Mountains

directly on the River

http://www.choice1.com/nanasriverfront.htm

or

http://www.choice1.com/helenrivercottage.htm

This was in our local newspaper today. I gave me a good laugh.

You might be a Floridian if...

You have more than 20 C & D batteries in your kitchen drawer

The freezer in your garage is full of homemade ice

You flinch when you are introduced to a person named Charley, Frances or Ivan

Your pantry contains more than 10 cans of Spaghetti Os.

You are thinking of repainting your house to match the plywood covering your windows

When describing your house to a prospective buyer, you say it has 3 bedrooms,2 baths and 1 safe place

You are on a first-name basis with the cashier at Home Depot

You decide that your patio furniture looks better on the bottom of the pool

You have the number for FEMA on your speed dialer

You can recite from memory whole portions of your homeowner's insurance policy

You catch a 5-pound catfish. In your driveway

Making coffee on you propane grill does not seem like an odd thing to do

You can rattle off the names of three or more meteorologists who work at the Weather Channel

And I added one of my own:

You have to wear sunglasses inside your house because it's too bright with the plywood off of the windows

You kind of like your new Don King Hairstyle

Good luck ya'll

Maybe we should rent out a cottage for the entire hurricane season!!! LOL

I've always wanted to go and stay up there in a cottage. Are they on the mountains? Pretty views?

If anyone needs a place to go you can always come to my house in Jacksonville...but then the storm is coming our way too. LOL

we're not taped...we're boarded up. tape will do nothing...

this is getting scarey...the winds could reach 145mph acording to the tv. 145mph???????? oh geez..my house will be gone!

my main concern is all of my cats and dogs. i have 6 cats and 2 dogs and if the ouse id wrecked, i'm so afraid for them. forget me and the dh...the babies!!!! and all of my "stuff"...oh GOD!!!!

i have a 50 yr. old wood frame house that i don't think will handle this very well. i also have 2 60ft trees that have already been weakended by frances, so i expect them to come down.

we have alcohol and the animal tranq's nd we can go into the walk in closet to stay safe. the problem is...what if the roof comes off???? then what do i do with the babies. i don't want them scattered in my yard. they'll panick and my heart can't handle that.

please be safe floridians!!! we're praying for us and everyone on the east coast!

if she moves any further south...we are totally screwed. (can i say that???) lol

i'll keep posting and updating y'all of the situation, so stay tuned.....

safety first!!!! remember that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well here we are again ! We are all boarded up and have all of our supplies..I even went and bought a window AC unit today at Lowe's as I we went 8 days last time and its so hard to sleep when its so darn hot. We are hoping for the best but have to admit it is scary when they say the winds will be stronger than Frances will...our only hope is that it goes very, very fast.

Nan-nice cabins..too bad you don't take pet..I am like Dana..couldn't leave my dog behind for nothing..he is my child...he actually thinks he is human sometimes.

Everyone stay save and pray we can get through 1/2 day tomorrow with electric..gonna bump that AC down til it's freezing in here..ha

Boca Raton chimming in. We are finally boarded up!! This is the first time I've been able to talk DH into boarding up. We have our supplies and are prepared to sit tight and wait this one out. I think the only??saving grace maybe that Jeanne is "expected" to move at a good clip. Here at 2AM and in St. Augustine by 2PM, that "movin on up" (sorry I couldn't resist), prayers for all on the east coast...stay safe. Hey, Curly4dana still got that valuim??? We may all show up at your place...

Linda

looks like jeanne is now going to possibly become a cat 3 or 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh crap! they also are saying that she's moving faster and will hit us earlier.

the pressure inside the eye keeps dropping and that is NOT good!!! that means she just keeps getting stronger.

the emergency people said this morning that the winds, rather than 105/110mph could now get as high as 130/140mph.

we have enough supplies for an army, because dh and i BOTH went shopping a different stores. when i called him, we both had to laugh! we bought all the same stuff, so we're good to go.

the BIG question is...is my house good to go? yikes!!!

angel...thanks for checking in from boca! be safe down there! i live 3 miles from the palm beach airport. i hope you're west!!!

looks like the sunday forecast is a wash. tonite is the target time now.

we still have a couple of errands to run and we'll be doing that in about an hour.

as long as i have a phone line, i'll continue to check in.

i hate to be redundant, but florida really, really needs all the prayers you guys a=can send our way!!!!!!!

Archived