Rotary Members question

Reinalee

Is there any meetings for Rotarians on board NCL? My DH is a member and would love to meet other Rotarians from around the world.

Actually, my DH is in the club that made Rotary "International", so he would like to have a meeting and pass out his club banner. Plus, this meeting would count as a "make up"!

Would we have to contact the ship directly and see if there could be a meeting or two set up ahead of time?

Any advice would be appreciated.

All the cruises I've been on have something called a "service club" meeting. You'll see the notification of the meeting time in the 'daylies'. Members of all clubs attend, but in my experience it's mostly Rotarians. The 'meetings' are usually 30 minutes to and hour, and are very informal, where people just have an opportunity to chat, with a cruise staff member as moderator. Most cruises hold these meetings on a sea day in the middle of the day, so it could be as early as your second day. There are often light refreshments. I've always been surprised at how small the attendance is because it's a nice chance to meet people from other clubs, and often other countries. Once I took my club's banner, but there really wasn't an opportunity to exchange banners. You will be given a certificate of attendance that can be used as a make-up. Expect your local Sgt. at Arms to levy a fine when you submit it!:D

Archived