Civitavecchia to Fiumicino Airport

Kiwigirls3

We are taking a cruise on the Noordam in April and we will be arriving back at Civitavecchia would someone be able to tell us if it's at all realistic to be able to disembark and get transportation to Fiumicino Airport for a midday flight?

We are taking a cruise on the Noordam in April and we will be arriving back at Civitavecchia would someone be able to tell us if it's at all realistic to be able to disembark and get transportation to Fiumicino Airport for a midday flight?
Yes, if the ship is on time, and there are no snags to disembarking. We used the HAL transfer bus and made a flight just after Noon. The airport was a zoo!! :)

p.s. - Welcome to CC and the HAL forum! :)

It depends upon what you mean by mid day. Is this noon or 3:00 P.M.

This airport is a miserable zoo. It can take a few hours to check in at the Rome airport for an international flight.

I would allow at least 4 hours between disembarkation and flight time and even then it is apt to be nerve racking.

The comments make me worry and I have been through Rome airport before.

We have HAL AIR & transfer with the Ship coming in at "7:00 AM" they have us on a 11:15 AM plane . It does worry me but they claim no problem. :(

We are on the Off to Rome Cruise from FLL.

Ray

We have HAL AIR & transfer with the Ship coming in at "7:00 AM" they have us on a 11:15 AM plane . It does worry me but they claim no problem. :(

We were docked when we awoke, and with a HAL transfer we got to the airport about 10:00a for a 12:20p plane. The line was VERY long, and we worried for the first hour or so that we might not get through it in time. However, for an 11:15 plane they would most likely give you an earlier disembarkation time than they gave us. Hopefully! :D

I've been to Heathrow and JFK, and Fiumicino is still the busiest airport I've ever been to, hands-down. I would personally be comfortable with a 2-4pm flight, but anything earlier than that would make me pretty nervous. Also, the port in Civitavecchia is roughly an hour's drive away.

We are on the Off to Rome Cruise from FLL.

Ray

Wow !

Its a zoo. One thing we found from experience that may help you is to find out if you are on a code share. We have been on a code share with Alitalia a few times. Forget checking in at the Alitalia line, and check in with the code share partner. In our case it was Air Canada. Saved us a lot of grief. BTW, we try to avoid Alitalia operated flights whenever possible based on past experience.

Archived