Carnival Liberty Dance Clubs

lt

I've only been on the Victory but I'm sure it's very similar for all the ships. There was a 70s night, 80s night, Latin night etc. I believe the them music would only play until around 11:30-midnight. Then they'd play rap/r&b music like you'd hear in most of today's clubs. You could also make requests.

On our Liberty cruise two months ago it was basically Top 40... I'd say for the majority of the night it was hip hop with various universally popular older songs mixed in... as you got late in the night (I'd say starting a little before 2am running til close) the DJ switched over to high voltage techno/house music with killer beats. It was great.

Hi Dave,

Im glad you enjoyed the music. I was the DJ while you were on the Liberty. Its always a day booster when I read nice things!

:)

Dj Brent

Ok DJ Brent, your gonna have to show me your stuff. I was a NightClub DJ back in the early 80's when we really spun records. I will be watching to see if you are as good as I was, key word, WAS, hahahahahahahaha. Look forward to meeting you next week. btw-I will probably be the tallest guy there, you wont be able to miss me.

Hi Dave,

Im glad you enjoyed the music. I was the DJ while you were on the Liberty. Its always a day booster when I read nice things!

:)

Dj Brent

Great to see you on here Brent! You really did a great job... especially with the smooth mixing/transitions between very different music. I DJed a little in college and couldn't pull that off haha ;)

Hey guys!

Thanks again Dave!

HiiPocket, looks like you'll miss you... I am off the Liberty now. The DJs name on the LIB is Eddy. Hes a really great guy and good dj. I worked with him for about 4 months last year.

My next ship will be the Triumph. I get there Aril 19th and will be there until October'ish... So if anyone is cruising stop by and say hi. Its always nice to talk to people as the job can sometimes be slow.

If anyone would like to hear one of my mixes you can go to http://www.zshare.net/audio/70678345bc6fdc/ and it should play automatically. Also, I put a video on youtube from the Liberty of me Djin if anyone is intrested... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67BThIkCHQ

Take care all and happy cruising!

DJ Brent

hi brent. i was on in early december, not long after you got on right? i was one of the ones who pleaded "no more michael jackson, please" lol.

good to see you on the boards.

how much longer are you on liberty for, and do you know where you are headed next? i'm gonna be draggin repete (and another cc member who doesn't wanna be named yet) over to the disco on miracle in july.

i have to get them movin'! any chance you'll be with us? :)

Hey guys!

Thanks again Dave!

HiiPocket, looks like you'll miss you... I am off the Liberty now. The DJs name on the LIB is Eddy. Hes a really great guy and good dj. I worked with him for about 4 months last year.

My next ship will be the Triumph. I get there Aril 19th and will be there until October'ish... So if anyone is cruising stop by and say hi. Its always nice to talk to people as the job can sometimes be slow.

If anyone would like to hear one of my mixes you can go to http://www.zshare.net/audio/70678345bc6fdc/ and it should play automatically. Also, I put a video on youtube from the Liberty of me Djin if anyone is intrested... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67BThIkCHQ

Take care all and happy cruising!

DJ Brent

ahhhhhhhh, looks like we were posting at the same time.

enjoy your time off, brent. and i hope you have a great crew with you on triumph.

how much longer are you on liberty for, and do you know where you are headed next? i'm gonna be draggin repete (and another cc member who doesn't wanna be named yet) over to the disco on miracle in july.

btw, repete says he can't dance, so go easy on him.:p

Don't listen to her Brent. I am a regular Tony Manero. :p :D

satnightfever_travolta.jpg

LMAO, REPETE!

i didn't say it, YOU did!

and you know i like the hip thrust thang, and i get it goin on in the saturday night fever dance lesson classes given on the ships, so now...

....my tony manero, you have won a spot next to me on that stage in july, LOL!

woo hoo, get ready bay-bae!

SaturdayNightFever.jpg

hi brent. i was on in early december, not long after you got on right? i was one of the ones who pleaded "no more michael jackson, please" lol.

good to see you on the boards.

Too much MJ! hehe! got to admit tho, the man is a classic musician! even young kids love his stuff....Its true, no entertainer can please everone all the time. To be honest, I dont think I play him THAT much.... i like to do mash ups (mix another song on top of another beat) with his beats.

In my oppinion its boring to play one song then hit play on another.... ANYONE can do that.. therefore everyone in the world is a DJ if they play songs in their car, bedroom, etc....

i like to mix, mash, and scratch to creat a REAL club that you would find in vegas, la, or basically any club on land. Most of the time people love it, but sometimes I get the occational hater and says I suck because I don't play the cupid shuffle or soulja boy.. hehehe

Anyways everyone, if you all have any questions about anything (crew life, cruising in general) let me know! I would be happy answer!

Hope all is well and happy cruising!

DJBrent

• 1 month later...

Howdy again everyone, not been on for a while. Good to hear fromy ou Brent and hopefully see you soon in St Thomas. I am the DJ now on the Liberty until July, now carnival has cut down to 1 DJ per ship then i'm afraid you're all stuck with me lol. The majoirty of music played is hip hop & rap as this is the majoirty of music requested. We do havbe happy hours featuring latin & motown and a 70's & 80's night (which is supposed to last all night but hardly does, depends on the crowd). I do play some house music & techno, being from the UK this is the music I like personally but it doesn't usually go down all that well.

Ciao for now people

My next ship will be the Triumph. I get there Aril 19th and will be there until October'ish... So if anyone is cruising stop by and say hi. Its always nice to talk to people as the job can sometimes be slow. DJ Brent

Brent were you on the Liberty 3/1. If so, I was there too just don't remember names. Just missed you on the Triumph, I got off on the 19th;)

To the op now that you know what the play in the disco. There are other lounges and bars they pretty much cover any typ eof music you like.

DJ EDDY. i have heard many complaints about rap/hip hop playing in the dance clubs.. it seems there are alot of people that have had a problem with it. We will be there june 28 and would love the 70,80,90's a bit more.

We will request if needed.. so watch out 20 somethings!! LOL.

• 4 weeks later...
DJ EDDY. i have heard many complaints about rap/hip hop playing in the dance clubs.. it seems there are alot of people that have had a problem with it. We will be there june 28 and would love the 70,80,90's a bit more.

We will request if needed.. so watch out 20 somethings!! LOL.

I'm getting transferred to the Freedom in Europe on June 21st so it won't be me on the Liberty when you sail... I don't know who is replacing me as yet.

I'm getting transferred to the Freedom in Europe on June 21st so it won't be me on the Liberty when you sail... I don't know who is replacing me as yet.

We'll be on the Liberty on the June 14 sailing ... looks like we'll get to spend your last week on the Liberty with you. :)

Do you know by any chance who will be the piano player on the June 14th sailing? :o From what I understand the current piano player will be leaving the ship just prior to that.

Thanks!

Too much MJ! hehe! got to admit tho, the man is a classic musician! even young kids love his stuff....Its true, no entertainer can please everone all the time. To be honest, I dont think I play him THAT much.... i like to do mash ups (mix another song on top of another beat) with his beats.

In my oppinion its boring to play one song then hit play on another.... ANYONE can do that.. therefore everyone in the world is a DJ if they play songs in their car, bedroom, etc....

i like to mix, mash, and scratch to creat a REAL club that you would find in vegas, la, or basically any club on land. Most of the time people love it, but sometimes I get the occational hater and says I suck because I don't play the cupid shuffle or soulja boy.. hehehe

Anyways everyone, if you all have any questions about anything (crew life, cruising in general) let me know! I would be happy answer!

Hope all is well and happy cruising!

DJBrent

Do you know who will be the dj on the Miracle in July?

Guest Mary49
Howdy again everyone, not been on for a while. Good to hear fromy ou Brent and hopefully see you soon in St Thomas. I am the DJ now on the Liberty until July, now carnival has cut down to 1 DJ per ship then i'm afraid you're all stuck with me lol. The majoirty of music played is hip hop & rap as this is the majoirty of music requested. We do havbe happy hours featuring latin & motown and a 70's & 80's night (which is supposed to last all night but hardly does, depends on the crowd). I do play some house music & techno, being from the UK this is the music I like personally but it doesn't usually go down all that well.

Ciao for now people

Hi DJ Eddy, is "Music Boardwalk" still there and for how long? Thanks Mary49

Archived