Penthouse Suite - Galaxy Transatlantic 9/3/04 to 9/17/04

idssms

Check out my web page for my latest pics of my Sept 04 2004 transatlantic cruise.

The real pics start at Penthouse Suite 9/3. There are other pics on the site but some are non related.

I have pics of each port visited, Rome (pre cruise), ship personnel and friends.

Enjoy the shots and any comments or questions will be welcomed.

Don

Website (click below)

http://community.webshots.com/user/irwind101

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Fireman:

I purchased a new 300 milimeter lense and was on the ship about 1/4 away taking most of the beach pictures. When I blow up the originals its amazing how much detail I can see on each picture. Nikon makes super lenses I guess.

Camera-Man

Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately in Webshots all my pics are in view. I really wanted to show the Penthouse Suite and some of the stops we made but all my pictures are available.

I hope the beach pics dont offend anyone.

Don

• 3 weeks later...

I added captions to most of the Cruise Pictures. My main goal was to get the pics on line and then to work on the captions.

The Penthouse Suite, Cruise Personnel, Fellow Cruisers and Friends are all captioned finally!!!

Don

Anne:

Susan and I both thank you for your kind words dear....

Book the Millennium on May 1st thru May 15th and have unlimited access to our Penthouse Suite!!! Hows that for an offer??... I always love nice folks that are kind...

Happy Sailing to you,,

Don and Susan from Fl formerly from the Lovers State, VA

Anne:

I am impressed, you do get around!!

I cant wait to sail on the Millie. We have only cruised the Galaxy and Century on Celebrity. Everyone tells me the M class ships are tremendous and we will have that experience in May....

I will take a bunch of pics of the ship and post them with captions!!

Happy Sailing Anne,

Don

Don....I try to go somewhere every month! We're going to the Dominican Republic in Feb. and I'm also going on the Enchantment with my girlfriend in Aug. In June we rent a house at the Outer Banks and then 5 days in Vegas with the girls. In between my trips I go to California to see my daughter--leaving next Sat. I spent too many years not being able to travel, so I'm making up for it!

Anne

P.S. March is still open--any suggestions?;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,, havent checked this thread out in a month.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

I am not a photographer but in retirement I have been reading photo books, magazines, surfing the net and taking millions of shots of my surroundings to better myself. My wife has had enough with me constantly taking her picture with different settings, etc.

I will have pictures of my next cruise up sometime in January. I will post it on here so everyone can see them after I get all the captions written. My problem is that I forget where some of the pictures are taken and who the subjects are. On this upcoming cruise I will have a little green notebook that will enable me to take copious notes.

In the meantime, everyone out there have a Happy Healthy New Year!!!

Don

I had the penthouse on the Mille feb '04... its fabulous! Enjoy it :) hopefully they fixed the treadmill by now though, I was looking forward to not having to be accosted by men in the gym! LOL but our treamill was dead and so to the gym I went. Maybe they'll have upgraded to an eliptical by now (one can dream!) God, listen to me complaining about a broken private treadmill, how ungrateful do I sound! :(

Question: What did you enjoy most about your suite? For me it was hands down being able to eat breakfast at the table in the room with my family. It was comforting, like being home, but with better food! LOL

Hiyas!

I have to agree about breakfast (and a couple of other meals) being served in your suite at a table with family/friends....without having all the muss and fuss of cleaning up and cooking, cool!!!

Have not been in a penthouse suite on Celebrity yet; we're doing our first Celebrity cruise in March, however have been in owner's suites on other lines.

Also ... I enjoy muchly having the butler around whenever I need him for whatever! Very convenient, and I haven't had a bad butler yet. I tip them at the beginning of the cruise, letting them know what I like then tip at the end also, depending on the service, but like I said I've never had a "bad" butler so I tip these fellas well!

:D

Beth:

I am very interested in discussing your penthouse on the millie with you. On May 1st my wife and I will be on the Millie in PS 6147!!

We are very excited about experiencing a M Class Penthouse Suite. We have done the Galaxy and the Century in the PS but never the M's.

I will take a million pics of the suite since I have heard its unbelievable. When I was on the Galaxy a few years back George Tomazatis the Hotel Mgr came to my PS and told me if I liked the Galaxy PS I would love the Millie PS. So, I booked the Millie Transatlantic just to have that experience.

I just hope the butler service is just as nice, ie, all the soda we want, unlimited bottles of champagne when I ask for it, bottles of liquor. They treat me royally on the C Class and just want to make sure it will be the same on the M Class.

If you get a chance can you email me and let me know, thanks, Don

erisaman1@aol.com

Archived