Snorkeling with Sea Turtles

KansasScrapper

We were on the Crown Princess last week and while we were in Barbados we swam with the sea turtles. We used Good Times Catamaran and had a really wonderful tour. Our group of 12 CC people had a private tour and everyone had a great time. After trying to swim with the turtles at the usualy spot where all the other boats were, we left there and went to a private spot where we swam with several turtles. We were the only boat there and it was a wonderful experience.

We also stopped at a wreck which had very good snorkeling. There were fish everywhere. The captain and crew were great and the sailing catamaran was beautiful. We spent a couple hours sailing with all the beer and rum punch we could drink. I highly recommend Good Times Catamaran.

Mike

Do you remember how much it was pp? And how did you contact them?

The charter price for the Good Times is $250 per hour. They will do a catered lunch for $20 per person. We skipped the lunch and brought food from the ship. We were on the boat for 4 hours so it was about $90 per person. They will take up to 16 on the boat.

You can Google Good Times Barbados to find their website.

Mike

I used shoretrips.com for a 3 1/2 hour tour. It is a smaller cat that hold a max of 12 people. We snorkeled over a reef for a short while and then went to where the turltles were. It was very crowded there but we did get to see the turtles. The captain and ship were nice. They have a longer trip that includes lunch, ours didn't. At the end of our trip our captain offered to drop us off at a local beach to hang out which all of us but one couple wanted to do. He got a taxi for the one couple back to the port. I enjoyed the excursion, nothing big and fancy, but relaxing and fun.

Do you know what time these catamarans strat taking people out to the turtles? Thanks!

Hey Purrsusan we will be with you on the Adventure of the Seas and are going with Shasa Catamaran Cruises for the 5 hour lunch and snorkel with the turtles. Let me know if your interested. Maybe we can get together

Do you know what time these catamarans strat taking people out to the turtles? Thanks!

Hey Susan we are on the Adventure of the Seas with you and are going on Shasa catamaran cruise to swim with the turtles. My confirmation states that it goes out at 10 AM fo a 5 hour Lunch tour. Hope this is helpful for you.

I am interested in a small group experience, but shade is very important to me. Can anyone recommend company whose cat has plenty of shade?

Thanks

Silver Moon would work for you, at least on the Silver Moon II (click here)

I'm not sure about the Silver Moon III as I can't find pictures right off, but I think I recall seeing it had a shaded area. You need to email or call to make reservations in any event so you can ask then. It is very near the ship - although not really walking distance. They pick you up right at the cruise terminal for a 5 minute ride to a marina just outside the main port area.

Archived