Grandeur cruisers: Baltimore parking fee increase!

TPKeller

I'm parking at Port Liberty (aka Bayonne, NJ) for a January cruise and the parking fee is $19 per day! Ouch! However we normally cruise out of Manhattan and the parking there has gone up to $30 per day! However they cap the parking in Manhattan at $300 up to 30 days.

I'm parking at Port Liberty (aka Bayonne, NJ) for a January cruise and the parking fee is $19 per day! Ouch! However we normally cruise out of Manhattan and the parking there has gone up to $30 per day! However they cap the parking in Manhattan at $300 up to 30 days.

$30.00 per day was the last straw for us. We now take the train in when we cruise out of Manhattan. They lost our business with their obscene prices.

I agree the prices are nuts in Manhattan. That was actually my deciding factor when I picked our cruise out of Baltimore. We live on LI but with a family of 6 we would need to bring 2 cars to park AND the itinerary was not what I had hoped so.....to Baltimore we come!

I agree the prices are nuts in Manhattan. That was actually my deciding factor when I picked our cruise out of Baltimore. We live on LI but with a family of 6 we would need to bring 2 cars to park AND the itinerary was not what I had hoped so.....to Baltimore we come!

I'm sure the Baltimore port authority folks love to hear stories like that. And with the lower gas prices, two cars for a 7 day cruise, you are almost certainly saving money.

Theron

• 1 month later...

I just booked my park and cruise package at the Fairfield Inn White Marsh and asked them about 100 questions. They take you to and from the port of Baltimore in a big van and have plenty of space for luggage. The manager I talked to said if the van didn't have enough space he would personally follow the van to the port with the rest of my luggage :p. They let you park your car in the parking lot in front of the hotel and that saves you $15 a day in parking fees.

They have free breakfast and a ton of restaurants right next to the hotel. The hotel is brand new and very friendly, I couldn't believe how friendly everyone was over the phone. I'm soo excited!!!:D

Archived