Past guest question

JP32

I received a call from Carnival the other day asking if we enjoyed are Nov. cruise and how could they help us on our next cruise. I told her we already booked a Princess cruise and she asked if I knew Carnival owned them and I said yes. She said, I hope you got a past guest rate, even though i've only been on Carnival. Does that seem right? Does that mean we would get to go to the past guest party and would this count as my 5th Carnival cruise? I thought each was it's own seperate entity. John

I received a call from Carnival the other day asking if we enjoyed are Nov. cruise and how could they help us on our next cruise. I told her we already booked a Princess cruise and she asked if I knew Carnival owned them and I said yes. She said, I hope you got a past guest rate, even though i've only been on Carnival. Does that seem right? Does that mean we would get to go to the past guest party and would this count as my 5th Carnival cruise? I thought each was it's own seperate entity. John

While you will get the past guest rate, Princess has it's own past guest program (Captain's Circle) that you would not participate in until your second cruise. On your second Princess cruise, you will receive an invitation to the past guest's party.

Carnival will honor this cruise as the 5th cruise. But from what i am hearing that Princess will not....doesnt make sense, since there part of the same family. Next time you cruise Carnival bring documentation or your sign and sail card with you so that it can be inputed into there system for your cruise history!

I also forgot to mention that i got the Carnival call wishing me a Bon Voyage, prior to sailing, even though i am sailing on Princess this time!

Carnival will honor this cruise as the 5th cruise. But from what i am hearing that Princess will not....doesnt make sense, since there part of the same family. Next time you cruise Carnival bring documentation or your sign and sail card with you so that it can be inputed into there system for your cruise history!

I also forgot to mention that i got the Carnival call wishing me a Bon Voyage, prior to sailing, even though i am sailing on Princess this time!

The past guest programs and the past guest discount are two different things.

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/home.asp

Yes, Past Guest SAVINGS are totally different than Past Guest Privledges.

Carnivals past passengers receive no where near the benefits offered on Princess once you reach Elite Status. If they were to combine all cruises in the company owned cruise lines and have them count towards past passenger status in the Captain's Circle, what a mess that would be. Over half (if not more) of the ships would be full of Elite passengers.

Archived