"Sea legs"?

DeBlonde1

Sea legs or no sea legs....whichever it might be....it sure is weird to be off the ship and still feel that rocking and swaying. Nothing stranger than sitting in front of your computer once you're back at work and be swaying side to side on your chair :eek: The co-workers think I'm sneaking in DOD's somehow ;)

I always thought "sea legs" were what you have when you finally get USED to the ship's motion. "Finally got your sea legs, huh?"

From the New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy:

http://www.bartleby.com/59/4/sealegs.html

Yes, you are correct.... My post was supposed to have "when you can/can't walk well on the ship".... lol....Oh well.

Sea legs or no sea legs....whichever it might be....it sure is weird to be off the ship and still feel that rocking and swaying. Nothing stranger than sitting in front of your computer once you're back at work and be swaying side to side on your chair :eek: The co-workers think I'm sneaking in DOD's somehow ;)

At least you were sitting in a chair....lol.... I work in L & D taking care of mom's having babies... After my first cruise, I was questioning a patient and she asked if I'd been drinking:eek: ! lol.... I rarely drink and laughed hysterically...... I'm like, "no, I just got off a cruise"..... She laughed too..... quite funny......

Archived