Transportation between Seattle airport and terminals

Does anyone know the approximate distance between the Seattle airport and wherever Holland America ships dock?? There are 4 in our family going on a cruise to Alaska next month and Holland America transfers will be $160 roundtrip for the 4 of us. Would it be cheaper/easier to take a taxi?? Thank you to anyone who replies.

Hi - I live in Seattle. Your best bet really is a taxi. There are two cruise terminals in Seattle, and they are not close to each other.

Holland America leaves from the one south of downtown, so be sure to find out the pier number you are leaving from.

It is not possible to walk to downtown from the south terminal, so if you want to see anything in Seattle you will need an additional cab to there. (still much cheaper than the rate Holland America charges). IF you have time to do any sightseeing in Seattle I would highly recommend Pike's Market (every cab driver knows where it is).

Happy cruising.

Nancy C

Hi pk1959

We are traveling on the Oosterdam on May 29th and I found the information you were looking for

in the Ports of Call, Alaska, scroll down to

"cabs at Port in Seattle" Hope that helps, and hope you have a great trip.

lssg: We on the Cruise Critic 5/29 Osterdam Thread need you to sign up if you like. We are trying to plan a short get-together on the embarkation day. My off-board email is on that thread. You can contact me there.

Rhapsody of the Seas 2003

Oosterdam 2004

I agree with 4cats, a town car is the way to go, although not the least expensive way.

My wife and I stayed at a hotel at the airport the night before our cruise. We asked the bell captain at the hotel to get us a cab, but he got us a Lincoln Towncar which was only $10 more than a cab. (Sorry, I don’t know the company.) The ride to the pier was great, sitting in the back seat (leather), listening to the stereo as we passed numerous vans crammed with people and luggage. When we arrived at the pier, the driver by-passed the bus/van unloading area and pulled up to the main door where our luggage was immediately taken by the porters. Total cost of the Towncar, including tip, was $45.

If we cruise out of Seattle again, we will do it the same way.

Jim

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;10;4;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Dawn Princess to W. Caribbean 10/4/04

Diamond Princess 2-Day Mexican Sampler 3/04

Star Princess to Alaska 7/03

Star Princess 3-Day Coastal 5/03

Sun Princess to Hawaii 1/03

Star Princess to Mexico 11/02

Sea Princess to Mexico 11/01

• 5 weeks later...

We recently used Capitol Black Car for transporation to/from airport and port.

Excellent service and only $35 for a Lincoln

Town Car. They also have larger vehicles.

Definitely recommend them: 206-522-2100

~~The best days are SEA Days ~~

You have 4 people going to Alaska. Are two children?

Looking at cabs.. will you all fit into one cab with all the luggage? Does Seattle have mini van/taxis so you can all fit and how much is that?

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Archived