Splendour Transatlantic 11/13/2004

Joey821

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to start a thread tonight on this! 1/2 of my group is reaaaaly gay friendly and my friend is cool with it as well.

Have you guys registered for the meet and mingle yet? We are at 23 when I get my docs and need 2 more to have a RCCL sponsored Cruise Critic meeting. The people on the main roll call thread in the RCCL board are pretty nice as well although most seem like older married couples going. Never hurts to have some friends though.

Stop by there and say hi!

I can't believe there will be gay folk aboard the cruise. This is the first time in many cruises that anyone on the baords has responded. I have already registered for the M&M but it sounds like the number is getting up there. Anyway I am so glad to hear that you will be on board. I'll be checking back over the next couple of weeks. What do you think Thanksgiving in Nassau is like?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Looking forward to meeting you all. TNTKP come join us on the Roll Call Forum....Splendour 11/13/04...Thanksgiving on the High Seas. I replied to one of your posts trying to guide you over to that thread but you never answered. Tad and Joey are there too. We really have a nice group of people.

As far as what I am doing on T'day. We are going to Atlantis because last time we were in Nassau we didn't go and I regreted it.....AND......I'm letting someone else cook our Thanksgiving dinner,... for the first time in 40 years.:) :) :) Should be nice.

mems

Guys,

My partner Don & I will be joining you on the cruise. Glad to know there will be other gay friends on board. With Splendour sailing at full capacity, shouldn't there be about 207.6 (10%) of us on this cruise?!

We are slated for main dining seating. RCCL's website lets you link reservations with others for dining and they will try to accomodate requests to be seated together. Let me know if you're interested in trying to arrange seating at the same table.

Ken

Glad to haer you will be onboard. I am at the late seating I think, but would consider changing to have fun dinner comapnions. Last couple of cruises they have been sticking me with single women, which has been OK but sometimes awkward. With a full ship changes will be more dificult but anyway my cabin I believe is 7048. Don't have the docs in front of me, so perhaps we can figure this out onboard. I can't really find where you can do that on the website. Can't wait for Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post back here in case you checked it out. Having withdrawals already. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Never did officially meet Tim and partner, but maybe we did meet up somewhere. I dont know about the 207.6, but there were definitely many of us on board. One of the cruise staff asked us if we had a meeting lined up, but this was on the next to last day so it was kind of late at that point and he didnt make any effort to do it other than to ask. I wish we had mentioned something earlier since it seems like the staff was really friendly and might have had a good turnout, although the disco was a pretty interesting "unofficial" meeting place every night.

Joey, enjoyed the laughs every night and I got the pix you didnt!!! Now your album can be complete. ;)

Hello, Again!

Well, the suitcases are unpacked, the laundry done, the voicemails answered and it was back to reality after a day back to work. Don & I had a great time on this trip, mostly because we met so many new friends and had alot of fun with everyone. We thought the ports of call were stunning and also thoroughly enjoyed all of the relaxing days at sea. We met Tim & Terri early on (you guys are a riot!) and I'm glad that after a few days into the cruise, I found the "unofficial" meeting place in the Viking Crown Lounge and was able to finally meet Tad, Joey and the other guys. Tad -- which cruise staff member asked about a meeting? RCCL sure does hire a handsome crew!

I have finished posting the pictures I took of some of the new friends we met on the trip -- if you are interested in viewing them, you can go to:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kbvp55@ameritech.net/album?.dir=/b96b&.src=ph&.tok=phfqoICBLbPia260

I apologize in advance that some of the photos did not turn out as I had hoped. Also, that the web site will probably have reference to ordering prints -- don't bother -- just download a copy by right clicking and saving, if you so choose.

Ken

Hey Ken,

Some good pix there. I have been working overtime (gotta pay for the next cruise!) since I've been back and havent had time to download. Keep checking back and will let you know when I finally get them online.

It was a blast onboard!

Hey guys,

Finally got a day off to download the pix of the cruise. There are 4 albums from different parts of the cruise. Enjoy.

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...=1&sort_order=0

• 2 months later...
Hi guys, I will be on the same cruise, with an old friend. I have been on the Splendour of the Sea for its crossing for the last 3 years. It will be nice to share this cruise with all of you. :)

This was from last year! I saw this and thought Joey had lost his mind. ;)

It was a great cruise though. Hopefully the one in 2005 will be just as fun as the one we did last year. PS- Where were you on the cruise, I dont remember meeting you. Ever make it up to the disco at night? Thats where we usually met.

Archived