Upgrade Certificate

Serial Mom

I received the following card in the US mail from NLC yesterday. Not sure just what it means and hope someone can explain it to me (hope you got one too!). Can I upgrade from a Oceanview to a Balcony? And, what if any is the catch? Is it per person or per booking?

Many thanks!

"Latitudes #_________

Dear Our Names

Welcome! Daydreaming of your next cruise already? That's perfectly normal. After all, on an NCL cruise you're free to spend your time your time however you want. Spoil yourself silly. Eat whatever you're craving and have fun doing whatever makes you happy.

As a Latitudes member, you get the freedom and flexibility of Freestyle Cruising, with all the added benefits that come with your Latitudes membership. And it'll just keep getting better the more you sail with us.

Since we can't wait to have you sail with us again, attached is a FREE One-Category Upgrade Certificate to use when booking your next NCL cruise. (Just be sure to use it before it expires.) It's our way of saying, "thanks for sailing with us!"

See you on board again soon.

Sue Gottesman

Director, Direct Marketing and Loyalty

Book your next cruise by September 1, 2008

I get the impression we're SOL in using our upgrade certificates for Bermuda. I mentioned the certificate when we booked. The rep stated we had to send in the certificates AND if there wasn't a higher cat we'd get a discount. That's not what their revised terms state. Plus we're in the highest category for our stateroom type, so if "upgrades are given at the time of booking" why wasn't it worked up at that time we booked?

We have no interest in actually getting a true upgrade or upsell for that matter, unless of course they'll offer an AB. Then I might consider! LOL!

I'm confused.

Revisions to Latitudes Upgrades Certificates

If you've cruised recently you've probably received one of our post-cruise Thank-You Notes and have an upgrade certificate that's good for a cruise you book in the next 6 months. We've made some slight modifications to our terms and conditions so please refer to the info below:

Book the category in which you wish to sail (applicable to early booking fares and Latitudes pricing only) and NCL will upgrade you by one category or if upgrade is not available, will reduce the price by one category as applicable. Upgrades can be combined with other past passengers offers. Applicable for inside-to-inside, oceanview-to-oceanview, balcony-to-balcony staterooms only, excluding suites. Offer applicable to new individual bookings. Upgrades are given at time of booking only and cannot be redeemed on board. Not available for upgrade to L, M, N, H, HH, BE, BH, BI and on Norwegian Dream for upgrade to category CC. Upgrade Certificate must be received by NCL prior to sailing. Offer is capacity controlled and subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Every effort has been made to produce this information accurately; we reserve the right to correct errors. Ships' Registry: Bahamas and United States of America ©2007 NCL Corporation Ltd. All rights reserved.

I received the following card in the US mail from NLC yesterday. Not sure just what it means and hope someone can explain it to me (hope you got one too!). Can I upgrade from a Oceanview to a Balcony? And, what if any is the catch? Is it per person or per booking?

Many thanks!

"Latitudes #_________

Dear Our Names

Welcome! Daydreaming of your next cruise already? That's perfectly normal. After all, on an NCL cruise you're free to spend your time your time however you want. Spoil yourself silly. Eat whatever you're craving and have fun doing whatever makes you happy.

As a Latitudes member, you get the freedom and flexibility of Freestyle Cruising, with all the added benefits that come with your Latitudes membership. And it'll just keep getting better the more you sail with us.

Since we can't wait to have you sail with us again, attached is a FREE One-Category Upgrade Certificate to use when booking your next NCL cruise. (Just be sure to use it before it expires.) It's our way of saying, "thanks for sailing with us!"

See you on board again soon.

Sue Gottesman

Director, Direct Marketing and Loyalty

Book your next cruise by September 1, 2008

I am really happy for you. It has been over 6 months since our first cruise with NCL and have not received a card or free upgrade from them:( . I just recently had my TA ask about it and then upgraded me one cat. for $50 each. Not sure if I will ever get the free one but that is okay. I am going on another cruise next February to the Mexician Riviera and plan to have tons of fun. Use the upgrade and enjoy.

Bosslady:)

I am really happy for you. It has been over 6 months since our first cruise with NCL and have not received a card or free upgrade from them:( . I just recently had my TA ask about it and then upgraded me one cat. for $50 each. Not sure if I will ever get the free one but that is okay. I am going on another cruise next February to the Mexician Riviera and plan to have tons of fun. Use the upgrade and enjoy.

Bosslady:)

It took three cruises for me to get an upgrade certificate. Some people get them after one or after 5. Generally a free upgrade come if you book guarentee, though. Anything else is an upsell. Upsell = pay.

:D of course we are cruising in an category I vs II (superior interior) as there was not much else available, but having the Category Upgrade did save us some, and I like being on deck 9. we got 2 cabins with the upgrade certificates (6 out of 8 of us travelling are past ncl guests)

I also got an upgrade certificate (from October 07) cruise after I had booked and made final deposit on April cruise on the Jewel. I called NCL yesterday and spoke to "Mack". He said, yes, they would honor it. He said to send the certificate in right away with our reservation number on it and it would happen. Sent right off today so we'll see. Can't hurt. Send to Latitudes Customer Service, PO Box 026071, Miami, FL 33102-9075

Archived