Weddings Onboard during Embarkation Day!

jlyn1216

Didn't do on NCL, but our daughter did get married in December, 2005 on Celebrity. We had about 45 attend the ceremony and reception and about 20 stayed on and cruised. Everything was wonderful. We brought on board a local Episcopal minister as that was our preference, the the wedding coordinators will provide a non-denominational in the package. We also ordered custom cake from a local bakery....it was awesome! We brought on most of our decorations, purchased literally the day before. The on-board coordinators did the physical decorating, helped the bride, etc. All went off without a hitch...hmm maybe I should say without a problem. :)

I'm leaving for my wedding/honeymoon on 3/22/08 aboard the Gem. I will get married on 3/24/08 in our Port Canaveral stop. I have had issues with the wedding company NCL hires to do weddings-The Wedding Experience but other than that everything has been working out. I can give you more information when I get back. If you send me your email address I can forward you information that I have from TWE.

I got married on Rhapsody of the Seas at the embarkation port and it was absolutely perfect. The co-ordinators did a great job. We had some sailing and some non-sailing guests. They were pretty flexible about anything we wanted to do. We let them do music, flowers, food and they even did my hair in the onboard salon.

Monique

Soda's mom - did you have to clear bringing the cake on board? I'm trying to set up a wedding on april 19 on the Sun... the wedding company won't do it because there is one large wedding party already booked so they cant accomodate the us and our 2 guests... we are thinking about paying for a room for some one wh would officiate the wedding ceremony and then getting a small cake and flowers for the pictures... getting a small cake from a local bakery would be so much nicer than getting one of those little bon voyage cakes, lol... also do you have any idea if I could bring my own little bouquet on ? I was thinking of ordering flowers for the room and bringing ribbon to tie them into one.. but who knows what kind of flowers they will give you....

If i could bring my own little cake and my own little bouquet.. that would be really good

The people from TWE were very rude to me, I was very upset... they told me they absolutely could do my wedding and got me all excited, took all my information, went over everything... then after being on the phone for about 45 minutes, when she went to put my credit card in to pay the fee.. she said oops I see the one wedding we have booked is a big one (over 150 guests) so we are only doing one wedding that day... and that was it, no further conversation... after spending the last 45 minutes planning everything and getting all our information, she couldnt get off the phone fast enough -- I called back and spoke to a supervisor who basically said that there was nothing they could do as they already had one wedding booked and it was so large, the fact that they told me they always do 3 weddings wasnt even a factor... they just couldnt accomodate a wedding party with two guests... then my travel agent called them and well... I cant even say what her impression was but she thought they were extremely rude as well...

The people from TWE were very rude to me, I was very upset... they told me they absolutely could do my wedding and got me all excited, took all my information, went over everything... then after being on the phone for about 45 minutes, when she went to put my credit card in to pay the fee.. she said oops I see the one wedding we have booked is a big one (over 150 guests) so we are only doing one wedding that day... and that was it, no further conversation... after spending the last 45 minutes planning everything and getting all our information, she couldnt get off the phone fast enough -- I called back and spoke to a supervisor who basically said that there was nothing they could do as they already had one wedding booked and it was so large, the fact that they told me they always do 3 weddings wasnt even a factor... they just couldnt accomodate a wedding party with two guests... then my travel agent called them and well... I cant even say what her impression was but she thought they were extremely rude as well...

What is TWE? I am Soda's mom, mother. We did have a wonderful wedding and there were no problems what so ever. AS for bringing on the cake, etc, I think you will have to check with the ship coordinator on the Sun. email her at shipcoordinatorsun@ncl.com. I am answering for soda's mom cause she just left for a business trip to Germany. I think she left about 1/2 hour ago. From there she and her hubby will be cruising on the Dream Sunday.

Nita

TWE is a company called The Wedding Experience. They are a company that cruise lines hire to handle weddings. They set everything up-kind of like a travel agent. NCL will not handle any wedding business with you directly. Depending on the person you get-you may get some misinformation. That happened to me but everything was straightened out and in the end they made sure that I am getting exactly what I want and what I paid for. I guess NCL doesn't want the hassle of dealing with this so they handle everything. You pay them, confirm with them and book everything wedding related through them.

Thanks. I sent an email to the coordinator asking how we would be able to work it out. I know they leave this to TWE so they dont have to deal with it, but maybe she can at least let me know if we can find out if we can use the chapel and if we can bring on a small cake and small flower bouquet.. thanks everyone... my 5 year old nephew is critically ill with his third relapse of cancer, this is just such a small happy occasion that it would be so wonderful to be able to share it with my parents who are taking just that one night off from dealing with everything they have been dealing with now for over 4 years.. it would be so nice if we can get this worked out.

Thanks. I sent an email to the coordinator asking how we would be able to work it out. I know they leave this to TWE so they dont have to deal with it, but maybe she can at least let me know if we can find out if we can use the chapel and if we can bring on a small cake and small flower bouquet.. thanks everyone... my 5 year old nephew is critically ill with his third relapse of cancer, this is just such a small happy occasion that it would be so wonderful to be able to share it with my parents who are taking just that one night off from dealing with everything they have been dealing with now for over 4 years.. it would be so nice if we can get this worked out.

our prayers go out to you and your family and I hope you can arrange to have a nice and simple wedding. Keep us posted.

Nita

our prayers go out to you and your family and I hope you can arrange to have a nice and simple wedding. Keep us posted.

Nita

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts :)

This is Philip here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/philipsworld

Caring Bridge is a great company that gives free websites to families experiencing critical illnesses so that they can keep family members around the world updated on the status of treatment etc...

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts :)

This is Philip here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/philipsworld

Caring Bridge is a great company that gives free websites to families experiencing critical illnesses so that they can keep family members around the world updated on the status of treatment etc...

Thanks for the website, I did send Philip a message.

Nita

Hello LegalCat- just a helpful tip for you, you should check out the "honeymoons and weddings" forum in the special interest cruising section. Many cruise brides (past and present) there to help answer questions. Also - you can't bring any fresh flowers on the ship for your bouquets, but you can bring silk. Pretty sure they won't let you bring a cake either (strict rule about no outside vendors), but NCL will give you a small wedding cake automatically, and you can upgrade it how you like - they will do special orders. Good luck!

for anyone who wants to get married on a cruise leaving out of Florida, ask on your roll call for any florida notaries, we can perform marriage ceremonies. just find a lovely, peaceful spot on the ship, grab some champagne to toast, and you can have a nice, intimate wedding ceremony.

i know i read somewhere that a couple wanted to renew their vows and a member of their roll call did it for them.

Archived