Weird Photo Question

louigi

:confused: Hey everyone, I have a really weird photo question.

Has anyone taken a picture of the outlets on the Fortuna to show what the European plug in looks like? (I thought that I had seen a picture posted from a CruiseCritic thread, but I can not find it now--so I guess I must have imagined it!)

One of my co-workers has given me a bagful of adaptors, but there are at least 3 different kinds in the bag and I was not sure which one was the type that would work on this ship.

My main reason for needing the adaptors is for my husbands C-Pap machine and from what has been posted on the board, the only 110v is across the room from the bed--not the best location for that.

We are leaving on 4-6, so I am trying to get all my odds and ends lined up early!

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Thanks so much!

:confused: Hey everyone, I have a really weird photo question.

Has anyone taken a picture of the outlets on the Fortuna to show what the European plug in looks like? (I thought that I had seen a picture posted from a CruiseCritic thread, but I can not find it now--so I guess I must have imagined it!)

One of my co-workers has given me a bagful of adaptors, but there are at least 3 different kinds in the bag and I was not sure which one was the type that would work on this ship.

My main reason for needing the adaptors is for my husbands C-Pap machine and from what has been posted on the board, the only 110v is across the room from the bed--not the best location for that.

We are leaving on 4-6, so I am trying to get all my odds and ends lined up early!

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Thanks so much!

First of all is your husbands C-Pap machine dual voltage(110v - 220v)?

See attached link for an explainationof the different types of plugs / sockets:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Electrical_systems

Type F (Germany) is used on Costa for the 220v connection.

I would also take a extension cable just to be on the safe side.

Have a good cruise.

Ron

PS: Voltage on Costa Ships

Voltage on board

The power points in the cabins have an alternating current of:

COSTA SERENA and COSTA CONCORDIA: 220-115 Volts.

COSTA LUMINOSA, COSTA PACIFICA, COSTA MAGICA, COSTA FORTUNA, COSTA MEDITERRANEA, COSTA ATLANTICA: 220-110 Volts/60 Hz.

COSTA VICTORIA and COSTA ROMANTICA: 220 Volts/60 Hz. for shavers, 220-110 Volts (1200 W) in the cabin.

COSTA CLASSICA: 220 Volts/60 Hz. for shavers, 220 Volts (800 W) in the cabin.

COSTA EUROPA: 220-110 Volts.

COSTA MARINA: 220-110 Volts/60 Hz. for shavers.

COSTA ALLEGRA: 220-110 Volts/60 Hz. for shavers.

For safety reasons, it is recommended that shavers be the only electrical appliances used. Hair dryers are provided for your use in every cabin. Ironing in the cabins is strictly prohibited.

:D

Blu, what the heck? You trying to show us all up by posting the electrical voltage of every ship? Tell me you're not an electrical engineer (geek!).

Abita,

The thought never entered my head, to show you all up (but thanks for the tip).;)

I just read the info that is available to one and all on the Costa Web site (voltage info was cut and paste).

Have a good cruise (full review is required).

Ron

PS I'm actually a Develop Aid Worker in Germany.

Archived