Baby/child Carrier

mommiejaxx

I was looking for opinions about a child carrier onboard the ship and on excursions.. I kind of wanted something along with an umbrella for when dd (17 months) will want to be out of the stroller. Plus I like the idea of having her closer to me while shopping in ports. What are ya'lls opinions and also do you have any suggestions as to brands? I have been looking into the Ergo carrier but it's a little pricey..

Thanks in aadvance.. Jackie :)

We have taken our Peg Perago Aria, and have managed. For ports, we really prefer the Bby Bjorn carrier. With all of the people in the streets, and uneven surfaces, we find it less stressful to carry her that way.

I couldn't do a vacation without my Ergo!! I love that thing! So worth the $92 bucks! My 4 yr dd and my 16 mo old dd use it.

You could always sell it for $75 bucks on ebay when your done making it less than $20, if you just wanted to use it for vacation. I can guarantee that you won't sell that sucker :p

I love my Ergo carrier. It has great support on the hips so it doesn't put a lot of weight on my back and shoulders. My son is younger (9 months) and weights 20 lbs. We'll definitely bring our Ergo on the cruise. it's nice because you can wear it on your front, back or hip. It's also really easy to adjust and it comfortable fits both me and my husband, who is 7 inches taller and 100 lbs heavier than I am.

We also plan to bring a Maclaren Quest stroller. Haven't tried it on a cruise before but it works well around Los Angeles where we live. I read a couple of other posts here that say it's great on board.

My 16 month old is 23 pounds. I probably use it an hour at a time on both my front and back. I used to wear it on ly hip ALL the time.

I have taken it with us to Cancun last year and used it HOURS at a time.

After hours yeah, you do feel it on your back. But, NOTHING compared to the baby bjorn. The baby bjorn is horrible.

I find myself not being able to sit when she is on my front. because she can put her feet on my lap and wants to stand and get out and walk. Not a problem when she is on my back.

I love it because I hand her off to my hubby when she is in a good mood and I don't feel like lugging a stroller around. I will take her when she wants a nap.

Don't get me wrong. We are for sure taking a stroller too.

I use my Ergo abot 3 times a week in reall life, not just in vacay life.

I think I will go with the Ergo.. I keep reading such good things about it that I think it will work well in ports so I can keep her close to me.. Does anyone know how the peg perego or Macleran strollers recline? Is it with a strap? I have one that reclines with an adjustable strap and am not very fond of it. TIA!

Jackie

After hours yeah, you do feel it on your back. But, NOTHING compared to the baby bjorn. The baby bjorn is horrible.

I feel the need to stick up for the Bjorn! Absolutely fabulous! No back pain, or pain elsewhere in the body. We've used it for lots of trips and carry her for hours at a time, no issue.

That said, with #2 on the way, I will check out the Ergo since I'm not familiar with it.

The Maclaren Quest is simple to recline. It has two little levers on each side and you just lift them up and very gently pull backwards. It's easy to do with the baby in the stroller. It seriously takes about two seconds. I've never tried a Peg so I don't know how those work. The Maclaren folds up pretty easily too, though it's much easier to do it with shoes on than without.

I haven't cruised (since DD) without my Maya Wrap sling. It's versatile b/c baby/toddler can be on your front, hip, back, etc. and the weight gets distributed over your whole back. Of course, I've loved having it at home, too. It's handy when she wants to be held and/or we're in a crowd.

• 6 years later...

We have the baby bjorn original that goes up to 25 pounds, we don't really like. It hurts and digs into shoulders really bad.

We are going to get a ergo or something else for our upcoming January cruise for our 15 month old.

I have a boba that I like. My dh loves the bjorn....but then he likes baby to face outwards for a bit. Our kids have been very curious and do not get overwhelmed easily but your results may vary. Some consider this a huge no no but it works for us. There are also several versions of the bjorn....some are more ergonomic for the baby or wearer and would meet the strictest babywearing guidelines, the original is typically rough on everyone around. A lot of bjorn haters have experience with the original models or have not researched the newer models. My husband is incredibly tall and the bjorn works well for him. A lot of other carriers do not. That said, my boba seems comfier to me and has a taller back so it seeems to last a biit longer for toddlers than the Ergo.

So.done bought me.two.for.my baby shower. They were a cheaper Bjorn as I recall. Honestly I think they all work basically the same. After several hours it doesn't matter which you have it will hurt. As a mom of twins past one year I only used the stroller.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app