Grandeur of the Seas - please tell me

about this ship.

We sailed last November with the Explorer of the Seas and we had a great time - we are tied to dates this year and looks like the 10th November on the Grandeur is the only one that fits in for us.

As we live in Northern Ireland we need to look at at least an 8 days cruise toj ustify the air fare costs - so any advise/suggestion would be good.

Thanks

Barbara

The Grandeur is smaller than the Explorer (Vision class/Voyager class). It does not have all of the bells and whistles that are on the Explorer. No Chops and/or Portofinos, no bb court, no Johnny Rockets, no ice skating rink, etc. That has not stopped dw and I form sailing on her twice and a third cruise in 4 weeks. We have always enjoyed the Grandeur and even though she is a bit old, there is absolutely nothing wrong with her. Our second cruise on GOS was a 13 nt. repo from Baltimore to New Orleans and we loved every minute of that cruise.

Go and enjoy you cruise:)

My wife and I have sailed Grandeur three times, Mariner once and Radiance once. We're back on Grandeur for two weeks starting 4/12, B2B repo, and for the 11 night repo October 30th as well. She's a great ship, plenty to do, and if you enjoy dancing, there's dancing every night in the Centrum and S. Pacific lounge.

Just a head's up. I read somewhere....I think the roll call board.....that the Nov. 10th Grandeur cruise had a group of Elvis impersonator's on it. Don't have any idea how many or what is up with them sailing together but just so you know.

Really? :D Well that is news to us on the roll call hcleaner, but I guess it would make for a fun & interesting time. LOL:) Any idea where you read that?

Anyway, we are sailing on Grandeur November 10th as well. It is a smaller ship without ice skating or alternative dining, but the itinerary looks really good. And the ship is nice, we have sailed on her before.

The link to our roll call is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=13757001#post13757001

Very nice folks, and I will get more involved after our Spring cruise. :D

Just a head's up. I read somewhere....I think the roll call board.....that the Nov. 10th Grandeur cruise had a group of Elvis impersonator's on it. Don't have any idea how many or what is up with them sailing together but just so you know.

Only thing I can see is Elvis group on the Enchantment Nov 10th

http://www.mahwey.com/cruise-20081110-followthatdream-mp.php

On the Grandeur Aug 7th

http://www.mahwey.com/cruise-20080807-remembering-mp.php

We were on the Grandeur about a month ago and had such a great time we've booked her for a 10 day next Dec.:D If you don't need all of the latest bells and whistles to keep you entertained, she's a nice ship and the crew is outstanding........

The ship goes from here to there instead of returning to the same starting port. It is how they move ships to start a new cruise season. Grandeur of the Seas will be sailing from (Norfolk?) in the Fall and ending her 11 night cruise in Tampa, Fl to begin sailing roundtrips from there. Repositioning cruises also start in Europe and end in the US. :)

thanks to all who answered my question about the Grandeur of the Seas - still considering booking but are almost sure we will. Thanks so much

The Nov 10th sailing from Tampa will be our third in a row on the Grandeur. Sip is not big, but well laid out. Have never felt crowded except for using the stairs during the muster drill. Don't miss the hamburgers, pizza, or fries in the Solarium in the afternoon. (Oops, that was supposed to be a secret).

Phil

The Nov 10th sailing from Tampa will be our third in a row on the Grandeur. Sip is not big, but well laid out. Have never felt crowded except for using the stairs during the muster drill. Don't miss the hamburgers, pizza, or fries in the Solarium in the afternoon. (Oops, that was supposed to be a secret).

Phil

We like it so much (I agree the people that work on the ship are fantastic) that we can say the same thing as you. This year we'll be taking our 8, 9, 10, and 11th cruise since our first one on the ship October of 2005. We've been on two oter ships since but keep coming back to this ship because it feels so comfortable and like its our home away from home. To continue to see some of the same people on the ship since our first one in 2005 is so nice.

Since you are all fans of Grandeur.....I have a question. I see that there is a 10-day cruise from Tampa in September 2008 (maybe it was October).....anyway, will Grandeur still be sailing out of Tampa in September 2009? We are looking for a 10-day cruise.

Since you are all fans of Grandeur.....I have a question. I see that there is a 10-day cruise from Tampa in September 2008 (maybe it was October).....anyway, will Grandeur still be sailing out of Tampa in September 2009? We are looking for a 10-day cruise.

Personally I hope the crusie you saw was either the repositioning cruise from Baltimore October 30 or a 10 day cruise in November. We have two cruises out of Baltimore scheduled on this ship in October and one ine September.:D

On a serious note, I haven't been able to find a scedule for this ship past March, 2009. I'd travel further to go on this ship, I like it that much. But Port of Baltimore is 20 minutes from my home so its hard to pass up the cruises that leave from Baltimore. I've been trying to find out if ithe ship is coming back to Baltimore next year as well.

Archived