Northern lights discount book arrived

gazingm42

I only heard about the Northern Lights book AFTER I already purchased the Toursaver book.

What is the difference in the two? Is one better for certain types of vacations or locations?

Personally, I am saving over $1200 with the Toursaver (just me and my DD so everything we chose to do was 2-for-1).

What is this book & where do you get it?

You can purchase it at alaska-discounts.com. The cost is $50.00 plus $7.00 shipping.

Its nearly 400 pages worth of coupons. While there only a few for the inside

passage itself. But if you plan to spend anytime in Anchorage, Whitter,

Denali area, or Seward you will save 100's - 1000 dollars. With the one

vendor coupon for the reason I purchase the book I will save $200.00. There

pages of coupons for food in Anchorage from fast food to fine dinning. Many

coupons can be used over and over.

We will be spending 9 days in addition to the cruise in Anchorage so we

will use it save 100's of excursions to food.

The other toursaver coupon book does have more coupons for the inside

passage tours, but not much. They toursaver form its website doesn't

have the restaurants savings. I felt for us the Northern lights was a better

deal.

Hi- Yes I just got my Northern lights and am pleased to have saved $100 on an excursion. There is very few coupons for the inside package. Does the toursaver offer more? I don't see many on their website unles they don't post them all. There's a load of food coupons which I'm not really interested in . I just eat on the ship.

Thanks

J.M.

For those that have ordered the Northern Lights coupon book about how long did it take to receive it? I was thinking about it to use for the Prince William Sound cruise out of Whittier. Does anyone know if you can use more than one coupon (If you have multiple books) for a tour?

Thanks!

Susan

I didn't see a list on the website of the coupons the Northern Lights book has. I tried to download what I thought was a list but it wouldn't open. Can someone give me an idea of what it includes in terms of lodging and restaurants in Anchorage and Denali/Healy?

I didn't see a list on the website of the coupons the Northern Lights book has. I tried to download what I thought was a list but it wouldn't open. Can someone give me an idea of what it includes in terms of lodging and restaurants in Anchorage and Denali/Healy?

Here is the link:

http://www.alaska-discounts.com/

Then click on the link for "coupon offers"

Then select the category you are interested in and the coupon offers will appear. It takes awhile to go through them all, but they are there.

For those that have ordered the Northern Lights coupon book about how long did it take to receive it? I was thinking about it to use for the Prince William Sound cruise out of Whittier. Does anyone know if you can use more than one coupon (If you have multiple books) for a tour?

Thanks!

Susan

I think I had the book in 7-10 days. It was quick.

Some vendors have more than one coupon in the book for the same activity. So you may only need one book. Either post on this board and ask those who have the book how many coupons there are for the activities you are interested in. Or buy one and see if you actually need the second book.

The Prince William Sound Cruise (Glacier Adventure) does have two coupons in the book. It says "Advanced Reservations Required. One Free Cruise per coupon. Offer Good on Space Available Basis at Time of Booking. Free cruise applies to the same cruise, on the same day. Not valid with other promotions. Cancellation Terms Apply."

If my memory serves me right, I believe someone said that they were able to get the buy one get one free cruise through PWS for a different cruise that they offer using the Glacier Adventure coupon. Again call the vendor to ask specific questions.

As far as a vendor letting you use more than one coupon, I would think so, unless there was a disclaimer on the coupon. You can always call the vendor and ask to be sure.

Thanks!

Susan

Susan,

It took me 5 days to get mine. I ordered mine for the Prince William Sound

Cruise. On page Yellow 18 there is 2 coupons which you can use on Prince

William Sound.

Hi- Yes I just got my Northern lights and am pleased to have saved $100 on an excursion. There is very few coupons for the inside package. Does the toursaver offer more? I don't see many on their website unles they don't post them all. There's a load of food coupons which I'm not really interested in . I just eat on the ship.

Thanks

J.M.

Toursavers is http://www.toursaver.com/index.php/home/

Personally, I am saving over $1200 with the Toursaver (just me and my DD so everything we chose to do was 2-for-1). There are over 150 coupons in the book... no food coupons, just activities and excursions.

Only a few in "cruise ship ports", but tons of savings in Seward, Anchorage, Denali and the rest of Alaska.

Personally, I am saving over $1200 with the Toursaver (just me and my DD so everything we chose to do was 2-for-1). There are over 150 coupons in the book... no food coupons, just activities and excursions.

Only a few in "cruise ship ports", but tons of savings in Seward, Anchorage, Denali and the rest of Alaska.

Do you know if the list online of the tours is complete when you compare you

book you actually have received? If this list is incomplete we may need to

look at getting it as well.

As its been pointed out that these 2 books are marketed at 2 different areas.

Unfortunately the toursaver website for us did not list enough inside passage

activities which meet our needs. The were a lot of pricey activities or ones

we have done before. We plan on doing several in Seward/Whitter areas

this year. Both books seem to be nice books, just depends on your travel

plans. With our plans spending another 9 days in Anchorage the Northern

lights was a good fit.

Susan,

It took me 5 days to get mine. I ordered mine for the Prince William Sound

Cruise. On page Yellow 18 there is 2 coupons which you can use on Prince

William Sound.

Thanks gazingm42 - we'll be on the Spirit the week before you going from Whittier to Vancouver and thought we'd do the Prince William Sound glacier adventure that afternoon before boarding. I think I read that there were coupons also for the Alaskan railroad in the book but they weren't good from mid-June to .... It didn't say what mid-June was so I'm hoping they would be good to use on 6/11. I was planning on calling the railway to make sure when I book my reservations.

Susan

Do you know if the list online of the tours is complete when you compare you

book you actually have received? If this list is incomplete we may need to

look at getting it as well.

As its been pointed out that these 2 books are marketed at 2 different areas.

Unfortunately the toursaver website for us did not list enough inside passage activities which meet our needs. The were a lot of pricey activities or ones we have done before. We plan on doing several in Seward/Whitter areas this year. Both books seem to be nice books, just depends on your travel plans. With our plans spending another 9 days in Anchorage the Northern lights was a good fit.

There are only a handful of coupons in the Toursaver that are for the "cruise ship ports". The only one we are using is the Tram in Juneau. IMO, it would not be worthwhile to buy one just for a cruise.

The majority of the coupons are for the Kenai Peninsula, Anchorage, Palmer, Talkeetna and Denali.

Personally, when looking at the lists online, I found more coupons I would use in the Toursaver. The Northern Lights seems to have a lot of food places and other business that locals would be more inclined to use.

Thanks gazingm42 - we'll be on the Spirit the week before you going from Whittier to Vancouver and thought we'd do the Prince William Sound glacier adventure that afternoon before boarding. I think I read that there were coupons also for the Alaskan railroad in the book but they weren't good from mid-June to .... It didn't say what mid-June was so I'm hoping they would be good to use on 6/11. I was planning on calling the railway to make sure when I book my reservations.

Susan

The otherthing is on PWS you can upgrade the coupon/tour. While the coupon

is for the 4 hour cruise @ 99.00 Per adult. They allowed me to use the 99.00

credit of the coupon for the 6 hour tour. I just paid the $30 difference.

I ordered the Toursaver n Jan., will save plenty! Diamond Hotel in Anchorage, $250., Pikes Waterfont Lodge in Fairbanks $220., Copper River in Copper Center $200., Kenai Princess $239., plus Mt/ Robert's Tram $25., Kenai Fjords dinner cruise $129., Talkeetno Aero Services, $229., Avis $65. off weekly rental., Whittier to Anchorage transfer, $57., and many more.

I planned our route, 11 days after cruise,and the book will save us lots on things and places we would do anyway!

will northern light coupon book be useful for roundtrip cruisers out of Seattle?

I would look at toursaver and norther lights website. I don't think northern

light book will be much help to RT from SEA. The toursaver will most

likely be more... But look on their website for the tours you may be interested

in before shelling out $100.00 for toursaver.

I ordered the Toursaver n Jan., will save plenty! Diamond Hotel in Anchorage, $250., Pikes Waterfont Lodge in Fairbanks $220., Copper River in Copper Center $200., Kenai Princess $239., plus Mt/ Robert's Tram $25., Kenai Fjords dinner cruise $129., Talkeetno Aero Services, $229., Avis $65. off weekly rental., Whittier to Anchorage transfer, $57., and many more.

I planned our route, 11 days after cruise,and the book will save us lots on things and places we would do anyway!

Wow, you are using a lot of hotel coupons... I found that I saved more money by booking cabins instead of big hotels. I am using all of the other ones you mentioned, and more. Isn't this book just grand? :)

Are you going to spend any time on the Kenai Peninsula? There are a lot of great coupons for activities in that area.

will northern light coupon book be useful for roundtrip cruisers out of Seattle?

I have the Toursaver, and there are only a few coupons that are for "port" towns. I cannot see where buying it for a roundtrip is worth the $. Unless there is just one coupon that saves you over $100.

If sailing out of Seattle, you might want to consider getting the Entertainment coupon book for Seattle instead.

• 7 months later...
I received my Norther Lights discount book yesterday and the mailbox.

I am needless to say VERY happy. Its well worth the $$ which I spend

on the book. We will be using this often this summer.

Just viewed Northern Lights discount book and it seems very nice. There will be four of us traveling. Do we need 2 books or is one coupon, i.e 2 for 1 pricing good for 4 people?

Archived