All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Michele- Thanks for all the posts r/t FOS! You are exactly like me, very detailed oriented, all the little tips r/t free food and soft serve were great! I am going on my 1st RCCL FOS in 12 days, 3/22/09 for an eastern caribbean cruise with my boyfriend. he has never been on a cruise, this will be my 3rd. Cruise critic is great and appreciate all the info. Question: do u realy get off the ship before 7am? ist time going thru a trsvel agent and she told us not to book a flight returning home until after 12p. so our flight home is at 2p. will we have all this time and nothing to do? do u have to get off the ship by 7am? about bags, we are using the ships shuttle from airport to ship. and same on return .do they get your bags and bring them on/off the ship? i heard the bedding was new on FOS, do u know? did u eat at any specialty rest. if so was it good? did you exercise at all? if so how was the gym? we were going to try and bring some travel bottles of liquor in our suit case, what is your take on this? did u g on any excursions? any beaches that were worth mentioning? want to take lots of scenic pics while at port, any tips? sorry this is so long, any answers would be appreciated! thanks again tarah :)

Mike and Carol BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much for your wonderful review and great photos, mike! can't wait to see the ship, my boyfriend and I are going on 3/22/09 FOS and can't wait!!!!! loved the menu's a thousand thank you's! i just like to be prepared and you helped me lots! Tarah :)

try mike and carol's site, they have a link and show menus of the specialty restaurants as well as the dining room menu's for all 7 nights.....some night in the dining rooms are "italian" themed and steak etc... it is under menu's on their personal sight. they have posts closer to the beginning of this thread, pages 3-8 maybe, tough to remember out of 3o something pages.... :)

sorry can't remember which room it was or what page, new to this and thought if i replied to someone's post it would reference that post. sorry any hints tips on this site. wow the thread is long but great info. have spent hours and only got beginning and end, skipped middle! thanks

sorry can't remember which room it was or what page, new to this and thought if i replied to someone's post it would reference that post. sorry any hints tips on this site. wow the thread is long but great info. have spent hours and only got beginning and end, skipped middle! thanks
Click on the quote button in the lower right of the post you are replying to and then it will show who you are referring to, just as this post does.

Anyone know about how big the deck towels are? they are probably different than the room towels, which i have seen in pics. The room towels look fluffy and big! white as well, deck towels are tan? :confused:

ok so here are a couple of questions since reading the thread....

i have upgraded to a handicapped room, deck 10 rm 1321 has anyone stayed in this room or a handicapped suite. no pics online. thanks!

anyone see a movie while on board? they are suppose to be new releases, are they?

hair dryers are provided, not sure how good they are? any tips?

did anyone use the wi-fi in rooms? heard there was a minimal charge to use the online computers on the ship.

if you aren't a preferred member can you still get good tickets to the shows and ice shows? do i still use the concierge club?

thanks tarah :D;):rolleyes:

Michele- Thanks for all the posts r/t FOS! You are exactly like me, very detailed oriented, all the little tips r/t free food and soft serve were great! I am going on my 1st RCCL FOS in 12 days, 3/22/09 for an eastern caribbean cruise with my boyfriend. he has never been on a cruise, this will be my 3rd. Cruise critic is great and appreciate all the info. Question: do u realy get off the ship before 7am? ist time going thru a trsvel agent and she told us not to book a flight returning home until after 12p. so our flight home is at 2p. will we have all this time and nothing to do? do u have to get off the ship by 7am? about bags, we are using the ships shuttle from airport to ship. and same on return .do they get your bags and bring them on/off the ship? i heard the bedding was new on FOS, do u know? did u eat at any specialty rest. if so was it good? did you exercise at all? if so how was the gym? we were going to try and bring some travel bottles of liquor in our suit case, what is your take on this? did u g on any excursions? any beaches that were worth mentioning? want to take lots of scenic pics while at port, any tips? sorry this is so long, any answers would be appreciated! thanks again tarah :)

Can you tell me how or where I can sign up for this shuttle? How much per person?

Thanks!

Can you tell me how or where I can sign up for this shuttle? How much per person?

Thanks!

sure no problem, got the shuttle through my travel agent. I was concerned we would have to rent a car and drive from ft lauderdale to miami to meet the ship but my travel agent set me straight and worked it out. it is thru RCCL, they meet you directly at the airport at baggage claim and take to you and from ship on your return flight. $56 each person for roundtrip. we are flying southwest and it only flys into ft lauderdale, it was the cheapest flight and non stop on the way down. only 3hr 20mins. yeah!!!!!!!! hope that will help! :)

Has anyone been on Western lately? Are formal nights still Monday and Thursday??

I just got off FOS on Sunday. Did the western - very nice! Yes, the formal nights where Monday (at sea day) and Thursday (Grand Cayman day). :D Any other questions people have from someone JUST off??

Thanks for all the great pictures we are going on July 19th :)

My link to the Freedom Kid Compasses start here

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/?start=20

Baby Zone for Non-Potty Trained Infants...Here

FOScopy.jpg

A GS Balcony

IMG_0717.jpg

Flat Screen TV

IMG_0716.jpg

And some Miami wildlife...lol. This was taken in front of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Miami. The whole bush was filled with these.

IMG_0685.jpg

Freedom of the seas advertises ice skating. Do the cruisers get to skate if they wish, or is it just for performers? (I saw a photo of a skate performance).

Second part of the question: If cruisers get to skate, do they rent the ice skates? Is anyone allowed to bring their own skates? (My kid is size 15 - they would never have size 15 rental skates).

Thanks for the help!

Freedom of the seas advertises ice skating. Do the cruisers get to skate if they wish, or is it just for performers? (I saw a photo of a skate performance).

Second part of the question: If cruisers get to skate, do they rent the ice skates? Is anyone allowed to bring their own skates? (My kid is size 15 - they would never have size 15 rental skates).

Thanks for the help!

Cruisers do have time for skating It will be posted in the compass when and the times allowed....

Thanks for the help!

You'll have to wear long pants - I believe you can wear capris or longer. :) You can *rent* (they are free, so "borrow" is the better term ;)) the skate, or bring your own. :)

Edited by QTMichele

Thanks for the help!

IMG_2432.jpg

Skates are available and they are free. You can bring your own if you want.

Anyone know about how big the deck towels are? they are probably different than the room towels, which i have seen in pics. The room towels look fluffy and big! white as well, deck towels are tan? :confused:

ok so here are a couple of questions since reading the thread....

i have upgraded to a handicapped room, deck 10 rm 1321 has anyone stayed in this room or a handicapped suite. no pics online. thanks!

anyone see a movie while on board? they are suppose to be new releases, are they?

hair dryers are provided, not sure how good they are? any tips?

did anyone use the wi-fi in rooms? heard there was a minimal charge to use the online computers on the ship.

if you aren't a preferred member can you still get good tickets to the shows and ice shows? do i still use the concierge club?

thanks tarah :D;):rolleyes:

For the ice show and the shows - do you need "tickets" or do you just show up? If there are tickets, are they the day of the show or do you get them on prior days?

For the ice show and the shows - do you need "tickets" or do you just show up? If there are tickets, are they the day of the show or do you get them on prior days?
Yes, you need tickets. The tickets are free. There will be an announcement telling you when and where you can pick them up.

Yes, you need tickets. The tickets are free. There will be an announcement telling you when and where you can pick them up.

You only need tickets for the ice shows though - not the evening shows in the Arcadia Theater. It wasn't hard for us to get tickets to the ice show at all!