First Time Costa Cruisers - Toiletries

treesah

We're sailing on the Costa Classica on 4/16 (Canaries). Quite an interesting mix of Costa lovers and haters, very few in-betweens...

My question: can someone comment on the shampoo, conditioner, soap and hair dryer?

Thanks in advance. I promise to post my opinion after the cruise.

We're sailing on the Costa Classica on 4/16 (Canaries). Quite an interesting mix of Costa lovers and haters, very few in-betweens...

My question: can someone comment on the shampoo, conditioner, soap and hair dryer?

Thanks in advance. I promise to post my opinion after the cruise.

In the shower there is a shower gel dispenser and small bars of individually wrapped soap by the wash basin. You can ask your cabin steward for shampoo and cinditioner (alway a good bet to bring your own). There is a fixed hair dryer in the top drawer of the desk in the cabin.

Ron

Thank you, Ron. I'll bring my own shampoo and conditioner. I don't care for the wall dispenser one-fits-all.

Ute, I'll definitely let you know about the dining situation. Right now I've been told the first sitting is at 19:30 and the second at 21:30 but who knows? Also, I see that you've been on several Costa cruises... How formal are the formal nights? I've only cruised on Celebrity, Princess and Royal Caribbean in the past. The fact that Costa is a multilingual cruise line does not bother me in the least; it will give me a chance to practice my fractured Spanish, Italian and French.

Hi,

formal nights aren´t that formal on Costa. If men wear a suit and women a long dress or a suit, too, they´ll be fine. You will see everything from a nice summer dress for ladies to the most formal robe you can imagine, but most don´t dress up too much.

Hth

Ute

Treesah & Ute,

Looking at photos and deck plan of the Classica there seams to be an open area in front of the threatre on ROME deck. It can be reached from Florence deck (down) or from Genoa deck (up).

Looking forward to both your review.

Have a great cruise.

Ron

Thanx Ron for pointing this out. I hadn´t realized the chance to get some fresh air close by my cabin, yet. We have an inside stateroom on deck Genova underneath the theatre.

If you see any further points of interest, please come forward.

I´ll make sure to write a review. 6 more weeks to go...

Ute,

I recently bought a set of Cosat ship plans on eBay, one of them being the Classica.

If you look at the Classica plan on Roma deck between the Tivoli Restaurant and Piazza Navona there are 4 rooms (with table and chair), two each side, on my planit says "Private Dining Room"? Don't know what this is - maybe speciality restaurant?

Just for your eyes, The Officers (Italian) Mess is situated on Venice deck, at the back of the ship next to cabin 4154.;)

Ron

Hi Ron,

thank you :) Maybe I should have asked you for directions before booking our cabin ;)

I´ll check as much of the ship as possible and take some pictures, so maybe we can discover more places worth seeing.

It´s always great to find the hidden yet public spaces onboard. The Victoria offers the chance to walk in the bow and the nice and "private" public balcony at stern, Costa Fortuna has the "secret" doors on deck 7, 9 and 10...

Always a great chance to get away from the crowd...

Archived