flat screen tv's on voyager

Does the Voyager have flat screen tvs now? Also, are there any connections for computers (vga, hdmi, etc)? Just found out we are joining the World Cruise in Athens. What ports are walkable from the dock? We will be in Valleta, Malta, Tunis, Malaga, Madeira and Hamilton, Bermuda. I've been reading such great things about the Cruise and can't believe my husband planned this surprise for our 40th.

Just returned from WC segments 1, 2, and 3. You will love the crew, the captain, and Jamie (the cruise director) It's a great group, and yes the flat screens are in and you have wi fi throughout the ship.

Ask for Charlie in Compass Rose for the BEST SERVICE imaginable, and make sure to visit Abigail in Latitudes for a wonderful and special dinner experience.

I will also be on the Athens to Fort Lauderdale segment of the WC after spending a few days pre-cruise at the Periscope Hotel in Athens.

Although I have sailed with Regent on several cruises in recent years, this will be my first time on the Voyager. I am eagerly looking forward to a great trip.

Paul

I was on Voyager in December-January. There are no inputs on the front -- which surprised me since so many people have computers and/or cameras to hook up. The TVs actually do have a full range of input jacks, but they're on the bottom of the flat panel. You have to slide the TV forward, get down on the ground, and look up to identify the jacks. I wanted to connect my computer to look at pictures I had downloaded from my camera. I have a video output from my Mac with composite video (RCA jack) and S-video, and the TV had both inputs. But I was unable to get the S-video to work; it seems Regent has the TVs locked down to prevent a user from selecting an alternate input port like the S-video port. My only option was to pull the DVD cable out of the composite video port and plug my computer into that port -- and that worked. But it was disappointing that the higher-quality S-video port was disabled.

I found it very surprising that the new TVs don't make it easy for people to plug in their electronic devices, even though they're technically capable of it. Maybe Regent is afraid opening up the TVs would result in more tech support questions they'd have to field. Anyway, if you have a composite video out from your computer or camera, and you don't mind poking your head under the TV panel to pull & plug in cables, you can use it.

I hope that helps.

-- Eric

Archived