Can't Wait To Anger The "chair Hogs"

LTS1960

I had been looking forward to my first Carnival cruise in October. But now I'm a little worried.

I think I'll forwarn my children that we won't be sitting in chairs while at the pool. I would hate to have to sit guard over a chair and a towel instead of spending time in the pool w/my kids for fear my towel will be stolen. I don't wear a watch while swimming/sunning (actually I never wear a watch) and I don't know how to read time by the sun, so it's very probable that I would be gone from the chair for longer than 20 minutes at any one time.

It's a little intimadating and daunting to think there might be so many people watching "my chair", timing my return and ready to swoop down on it in order to "teach me a lesson".

Considered lesson learned; while crusing on Carnival don't ever leave a chair unattended.

Would you be kind enough to provide both the inseem and waist size...? I'm trying to decide if I should pack light of not.

Any chance you might leave an alarm clock or electrical strip on one of the lounge chairs...? :D

i am laughing so hard.. it hurts

plllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzz stop lol lol

[quote name='skylock']I know what you are getting at, but this does not work because if I pull into the parking space you vacated 2 min after you leave, it is gone.

And so it should be with chairs on deck. If you leave for any amount of time for any reason, you have forfieted the right to that seat unless it is still vacant when you get back.

If your butt is not on it, it is free game. I don;t care if you went to pee, get something to eat or go to your cabin for a nap. All belongings you want to keep should be taken with you.

It is usually not to hard to find one chair but if there is 2 or more it has gotten harder to find two or more "unsaved" chairs together.

I have no problem removing items. I have never been confronted because I have never had a person who I removed their stuff return in the time I was using the chair. The next time this happens, I think I will take whatever I removed from the chairs and dump it in the trash on my way off the deck. Or maybe I will start my own carnival towel collection.[/quote]

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Good lord, woman, get a life!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='spartygrad95']Umm.. if my stuff got moved because I got up to use the boy's room, there would be a confrontation. But, like I've said.. you people are ALL talk. I am reminded of a great line from Reservoir Dogs that is appropriate for all the tough talk coming on this thread from everyone. "You gunna bark all day little doggy or are you gunna bite?"[/quote]

Hey Sparty
You better watch it
i am 5' 3" and 120lbs soaking wet!
lol lol:D

[quote name='spartygrad95']34x32... Ill have an electrical strip, an iron, smuggled booze, jeans, a soapbox i'll have stolen from some self righteous cruise critic poster. They will be there saving my 10 chairs. Have at it , if you are man enough.:D[/quote]

I'll take the smuggled booze, thank you very much. [I]BACK OFF VENTUREMAN!!! IT'S MINE. [/I]

[quote name='spartygrad95']34x32... Ill have an electrical strip, an iron, smuggled booze, jeans, a soapbox i'll have stolen from some self righteous cruise critic poster.

[/quote]

The jeans won't work... to short. But by-gosh... please feel free to place your smuggled booze on the 10 lounge chairs to save your spots. I'll personally protect all 10 chairs... :D

[quote name='cruiselover999'][B][COLOR=darkred]A couple may have been joking, but the OP was absolutely serious! :mad: Just a bunch of bullies....sad![/COLOR][/B][/quote]

:D We are going on the Valor on Sunday and I just can't wait for the first "at sea" day. I'm going to head on out to the pool and look around for the chairs with the token flip flop, sunscreen or book, any group of chairs with no living, breathing person and proceed to stack up their stuff and plunk my butt down.:p Don't get me wrong, I don't see a problem with an actual living person, just one, saving some seats for family.
Last year on the Triumph, a woman had the nerve to make up laminated signs with "Reserved for the *** family" on them and stick them to about 7 chairs. Well, you can imagine what happened, my husband and I and 2 other women took down those signs and put them aside. She came out about 1 hr later and was flabergasted that her chairs weren't still saved. Who was she, the Queen of England??? She was so pissed off and was really concerned about where her signs were. You know to quote her" she spent a lot of time making those signs" . I told her she couldn't use them anyway and she yelled at me to shut up. NICE!!
Hope I have as much fun this yr removing chair hogs stuff.

What part of the OP's post was serious aside from the fact people do chair hog? He had laughie faces ...

[quote name='cruiselover999'][B][COLOR=darkred]A couple may have been joking, but the OP was absolutely serious! :mad: Just a bunch of bullies....sad![/COLOR][/B]

[/quote]

And do you think that a true chairhog is not a Bully...? You've read the posts of how they act when they come back after a 3 hour absence, with their verbal attacks.

I think it's truely funny when one bully gives another a taste of their own medicine. More power the the folks who aren't going to take any crap from a chairhog bully... :D

[/quote]What part of the OP's post was serious aside from the fact people do chair hog? He had laughie faces ...[/quote]

I agree! "Laughie faces" aside, the OP merely said she would "stack their stuff up and plunk her butt down" - how that is bullying is completely beyond me. 99% of this thread has been in good fun - some people are being a bit sensitive.

[quote name='cruiselover999'][B][COLOR=darkred]A couple may have been joking, but the OP was absolutely serious! :mad: Just a bunch of bullies....sad![/COLOR][/B][/quote]

Yes I was serious but a lot of people here were joking and having a laugh too! I am not going to have a timer, throw people's stuff away etc. I just want to be able to sit down for a while. I am talking about the people that get up at 6 AM to save a chair then go back to bed for 3 hrs. Give me a break, I'm not going to grab a chair if it is unoccupied as someone is swimming or getting a drink.
I am not a bully, nor am I sad, cruiselover9999 !!!!! I am just sick of inconsiderate, rude people Other people need to be more assertive and stand up for themselves also. Maybr the chair hogs would think twice before saving a chair for hours on end.

[quote name='LTS1960']Yes I was serious but a lot of people here were joking and having a laugh too! I am not going to have a timer, throw people's stuff away etc. I just want to be able to sit down for a while. I am talking about the people that get up at 6 AM to save a chair then go back to bed for 3 hrs. Give me a break, I'm not going to grab a chair if it is unoccupied as someone is swimming or getting a drink.
I am not a bully, nor am I sad, cruiselover9999 !!!!! I am just sick of inconsiderate, rude people Other people need to be more assertive and stand up for themselves also. Maybr the chair hogs would think twice before saving a chair for hours on end.[/quote]

'Zactly! Well said.

[quote name='LTS1960']I am talking about the people that get up at 6 AM to save a chair then go back to bed for 3 hrs.

[/quote]

Hey...! That could be a lot of fun.

Get up at 6:00 AM... watch folks place belongings and other crap on the chairs... and right when they leave the pool area, gather up their crap they placed on the chairs and stack it into a pile in the smoking section near the rail, thus freeing up the chairs for the next set of chair hogs. Keep doing this for the first two hours.

You know they will not be back before 8:00 AM... :D

I hate to think that if I run to the bathroom I will have to pack up my book,lotion,drink etc...Will you also take a child if I leave him behind to watch my chair.Definitly understand the extended periods of empty chairs (empty of people but full of things) and how frustrating it can be.Usally won't let my boys have a chair because they are in and out all day and it's a waste.
Monday is our first cruise so wondering if chair hogs are mostly around the pool or over the whole ship?We really don't need a place by the pool,what is the least busy spot?

[quote name='trock']:D We are going on the Valor on Sunday and I just can't wait for the first "at sea" day. I'm going to head on out to the pool and look around for the chairs with the token flip flop, sunscreen or book, any group of chairs with no living, breathing person and proceed to stack up their stuff and plunk my butt down.:p Don't get me wrong, I don't see a problem with an actual living person, just one, saving some seats for family.
Last year on the Triumph, a woman had the nerve to make up laminated signs with "Reserved for the *** family" on them and stick them to about 7 chairs. Well, you can imagine what happened, my husband and I and 2 other women took down those signs and put them aside. She came out about 1 hr later and was flabergasted that her chairs weren't still saved. Who was she, the Queen of England??? She was so pissed off and was really concerned about where her signs were. You know to quote her" she spent a lot of time making those signs" . I told her she couldn't use them anyway and she yelled at me to shut up. NICE!!
Hope I have as much fun this yr removing chair hogs stuff.

What part of the OP's post was serious aside from the fact people do chair hog? He had laughie faces ...[/quote]

[COLOR=darkred]Uhm....no offense, but the second "smiley" is actually sticking his tongue out ...like to say "screw you" or "neener neener"....and the first one is simply to say how happy he will be to jack with someone's towel/belongings. I think that's pretty serious....:rolleyes: [/COLOR]

[quote name='cruiselover999']Geez, what a bunch of bullies on here! The only thing worse than these chair hogs are the Cruise **** Moral Patrol! Are you gonna sit there all day with your stop watch and decide at what point you'll toss their stuff away? Who died and made you guys God? Don't you have anything better to do than play Policeman? I have never NOT found a lounger. Sure, people save stuff...big deal! I've saved a lounger for my husband, so what? Should I have to be accountable to you for my every thought and move? I can just see you all now, the MORAL PATROL GANG, stalking the decks, looking for those horrible chair hogs! Maybe you should run their towel up the flagpole! How about public humiliation? 100 lashes with a wet noodle? How about just chilling out and enjoying your cruise....you may be RIGHT, technically, but your methods are ridiculous!:eek: :mad:
P.S. NO, I have never put a shoe, a towel, or anything else out to reserve my own lounger![/QUOTE]

Whew, sombody's got their knickers in a wad!

Archived