Time Difference

kel24

I heard that there is an hour time difference between Cozumel time and ship time. Can anyone explain this to me? Why wouldn't the ship just tell you to change your watch like it normally does?? We are sailing RC Grandeur.

I heard that there is an hour time difference between Cozumel time and ship time. Can anyone explain this to me? Why wouldn't the ship just tell you to change your watch like it normally does?? We are sailing RC Grandeur.

The caribbean countries do not recognize DST-and the ship probably does run on the time from the home port. I guess they don't want you to be left behind!

Based on your sail date yes you will be one hour off.

The caribbean countries do not recognize DST-and the ship probably does run on the time from the home port. I guess they don't want you to be left behind!

Actually they do just not the new one we have.

Presently Cozumel shares the same time with the State of New Mexico, but traditionally we share with Dallas, Texas. Mexico will go to daylight savings time on the first Sunday in April. The USA adopted a different schedule than most this side of the world a few years ago. It plays havoc on the tour schedules for about six weeks.

Actually many Caribbean countries do recognize Daylight Savings Time. Antigua, Barbados, The Bahamas, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, the Netherlands Antilles, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Vincent & The Grenadines are examples of countries that do.

However, the U.S. has moved up the daylight savings time about 4 weeks, and some other countries, such as Mexico, have chosen not to, so for a month or so it's mixed up before reverting to normal.

This table should help shed some light, so to speak:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?continent=namerica&sort=1

Hope this helps, have a great time!

so when the schedule says we get in at 1:00pm does that mean 12:00pm cozumel time or 1:00 pm time? I am planning a excursion but not through the ship so I want to know what time to plan for. Thanks

Depends on where you left from.

OK...here's my situation...I am leaving from Miami (EST) and going to cozumel and would like to book a dolphin swim...I would like to book it for the 10:30 time. Am I right to assume that it is 10:30 Cozumel time? so that would make it 11:30 MY time? my ship docks at 8:00am (does that mean its 7:00am cozumel time?)...i would really hate to be an hour off and miss my excursion...and i also want to make sure i have time to walk around cozumel afterwards...any advice would be appreciated!

OK...here's my situation...I am leaving from Miami (EST) and going to cozumel and would like to book a dolphin swim...I would like to book it for the 10:30 time. Am I right to assume that it is 10:30 Cozumel time? so that would make it 11:30 MY time? my ship docks at 8:00am (does that mean its 7:00am cozumel time?)...i would really hate to be an hour off and miss my excursion...and i also want to make sure i have time to walk around cozumel afterwards...any advice would be appreciated!

If your refering to your Jan cruise yes.

Archived