Opera 12/11/04 Divers, others...

chocksie

Yea, I'm a baseball fan so that is a bonus. I believe it is also a continuation (sort of part II) of the comedy cruise that is happening on your sailing. Isn't it a laugh.com event? I am also planing on bringing donations to a childrens school in Roatan that I found out about here on the boards. Basically I have agreed to take much needed items aboard with me and deliver them to the school when in port. Maybe you guys could help also?

Charlie

Left you a message Chocksie over at the Floataway Lounge.

We are not divers, so unable to join you. Have you heard what the alternate plans for the Opera will be if the port at Grand Cayman is still not open? I understand that Cozumel does have great diving opportunities as well. If you are carrying your gear on board, someone is sure to strike up a conversation.

As far as it being a baseball cruise -- that sure is news to me, and I'm sure my husband will enjoy it. We met one of MSC Opera's employees this week who is based here in Jacksonville, and at the time of our booking the themes had not yet been in place.

For the benefit of readers new to CSI: Child Sponsorship International is a non-profit organization based in the United States. Brad and Debbie Warren opened the orphanage in Roatan some years ago. My husband and I first read about them on Cruise Critic and we visited in 2002, while the building was under construction. We spent the day with children from one family and were touched beyond words.

Anyone insterested in learning more about CSI, I think you can access the web site by just typing in Child Sponsorship International and you will be very impressed.

• 1 month later...

I just signed up for this cruise. It will be a partly "work / educational" opportunity for me as a travel agen, so I will be busy some days on board, but would love to take advantage of some of the great dive sites we will be visiting. Also, since this is "work" related my hubby is staying home so I will be solo.

I'm certified, but haven't dived in a few years, htinking about taking a quick refresher dive here before boarding - looks like the dive industries at cozumel and Grand Cayman are well organzied.

Hi Parchita and Trish,

Good news about the Cayman opening back up, great diving there. Parchita, great idea to take a refresher course before leaving, I too will be traveling solo so maybe we can be dive buddies. I find that all divers from the excersions tend to hang out because of the connection. Trish, are you solo as well? Not dive certified? Roatan will also offer some awsome diving and snorkling. Maybe we can plan on meeting up on board to chat and plan dive dates? I can't wait to get out of town!

Charlie

My wife and I will be on board the December 11 sailing too. We are looking for "a cheaters' trip to Italy" - you know - Italian food and a touch of Mediterranean culture on a new ship at a good price.

OKAY you divers. Here's my joke for you. Do you know why divers always go under with a buddy? So if a big shark comes along, there's a 50-50 chance he'll eat your buddy and not you...

We are not beach fanatics, so on Cozumel and Roatan, we will be looking for a walking tour or something a bit historical. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi all you guys. Even tho' we seem like the poor country cousins of the December 4 sailing where Ms. Loren might actually pour your orange juice... who is interested in a REAL party for the Dec. 11 sailing? Suggestions please. Shall we do a number in Key West? Or maybe a pre-dinner warm up before we sail from FLL? I can hardly wait.

Parchita, I usually just go with the cruise group, but I often wait until I am onboard so I can do a little reasearch into who they use. In this case that may be difficult because They are new to the carribean. I do plan on diving in all ports except maybe Key West and I am leaning towards diving there too. did you schedule a refresher course yet? I still have my videos from my class, I could send you a copy of them.

Charlie

Add me and my co-worker to the list on 12/11! Like Parchita, our trip will be "work related" which probably means that we'll be tied up on non-port days.

I'm Paul and he's Anthony and I guarantee that you'll see him at every event the the cruise staff holds. LOL!

We're looking forward to meeting all of you. Should we throw together an informal Cruise Critic party??

Archived