Westerdam? Questions regarding the ship and suites

Bishopcfd

Greetings,

Mom wife and I are considering a cruise on the Westerdam. If we do decide to cruise, we would reserve a "Deluxe Verandah Suite". I have a couple of questions.

1). How is the Westerdam when compared to:

A). Others in it's class within HAL

B). Compared to other cruise lines

2). Is the Deluxe Verandah Suite worth the money when including the "extras" when compared to other rooms?

3). Silly questions regarding the "No Host Mini Bars" located within this type of room and the Neptune Lounge are:

A). Within the room, are the no host mini bars stocked with beverges (adult and non adult) of choice and free or is there a charge to stock and use the products?

B). Within the Neptune Lounge, as with the room mini bar, are there adult beverages and are there any charges involved? What type of refreshments are provided?

Any other insight and or information would be helpful.

Thanks

1). How is the Westerdam when compared to:

A). Others in it's class within HAL

B). Compared to other cruise lines

2). Is the Deluxe Verandah Suite worth the money when including the "extras" when compared to other rooms?

3). Silly questions regarding the "No Host Mini Bars" located within this type of room and the Neptune Lounge are:

A). Within the room, are the no host mini bars stocked with beverges (adult and non adult) of choice and free or is there a charge to stock and use the products?

B). Within the Neptune Lounge, as with the room mini bar, are there adult beverages and are there any charges involved? What type of refreshments are provided?

1A. The Westerdam is the most-recently refurbished, and should be in the best shape. I'd say it is comparable to the Noordam, but a little better than the Zuiderdam and Oosterdam which have yet to undergo their re-fits. (I prefer new ships!)

1B. I can't say.

2. Not to me. Others obviously differ! :D

3A. "No Host" means there is no host funding the party - you are.

3B. I can't say.

I'll just answer one of your questions. No alcohol is served in the Neptune. Just juices, teas, and a fabulous cappucino machine, plus snacks appropriate to time of day - extended continental bkfst in AM; sandwiches, fruit, and pastries midday; hors d'oeuvres and pastries in evening. All free.

You might want to look for threads on suite perks to help you decide if it's worth the $ for you. Also check my prior posts for links to photos of aft corner SC on W'dam - posting from my iPod so can't put in the link right now.

It's a really nice ship. In excellent condition. I can't comment on the suites, we were in aregular veranda cabin which was fine. The mini-bar was stocked with both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. We had them empty the bar so we could put our own wine and water in there.

We have cruised on many different line and found that Holland America was right at the top of the list.

Archived