Captain's Club Newletter Coupons

Coadysmom

Just got my April CC newsletter and noticed the coupons in the back. I say "noticed" because I "noticed" that my winter newsletter had no such coupons. Of course, the Winter newsletter is good during WAVE season when many of us are booking cruises. And the new newsletter is dated after WAVE season. Anyway, sure enough there was a coupon good for my cruise if booked AFTER April 1, 2008.

Just my luck! or was it planned that way? I really have never noticed before but does the winter newletter normally arrive sans coupons?

I seem to remember all issues as having coupons.

Nowadays it seems that their coupons are much more restrictive -- i.e., less cruises to choose from, less dates for each cruise that the coupon applies to, and only applicable to new bookings.

Plus, the overall savings ($100-$150 per cabin) is not significant enough to make me pick that particular cruise/itinerary. If it happens to match my plans, great. If not, so be it. The coupons are nice (don't look a gift horse in the mouth thing) but restrictive enough these days to make them almost worthless to me.

Just got my April CC newsletter and noticed the coupons in the back. I say "noticed" because I "noticed" that my winter newsletter had no such coupons. Of course, the Winter newsletter is good during WAVE season when many of us are booking cruises. And the new newsletter is dated after WAVE season. Anyway, sure enough there was a coupon good for my cruise if booked AFTER April 1, 2008.

Hi Peg,

Did you happen to see if the coupons included the Equinox TA in Nov. 2009? (LOL - I'm sure that the TA is not included.) Unfortunately, because we live in Europe (although our membership is U.S.), we don't get a print copy of the Newsletter, and the Captain's Club site on X is still showing coupons for Winter 07/08.

Thanks for checking.

Archived