conquest - sugar free desserts

Do they offer many sugar free desserts on the Conquest and, if so, are they reasonably good? Just want to be prepared if we need to bring sugarless treats.

We've never cruised before. Some restaurants offer sugarfree desserts, some don't. There's a big range in taste too. Just wondering what to expect on the ship.

There is always a sugar free option on the dessert tables and in the dining room. Some of them are pretty good. Are they as good as the loaded desserts...no, but if you are used to a sugar free diet then they are better than no dessert. We always bring along a few of our favorite sugar free chocolates and hard candies just in case.

This is a listing of some to the "Spa Carnival" desserts.

For the record they are not sugar free but rather no sugar added.

Spa Carnival Desserts

Prepared with a Sugar Substitute

Diet Apple Pie

Diet Coconut Cake

• Diet Coconut Sponge Cake with Low Calorie Cream

Diet Lemon Cake

• Diet Lemon Cake with Low Calorie Lemon Cream

Diet New York Cheesecake

Diet Orange Cake

• Diet Orange Sponge Cake with Low Calorie Orange Cream

Diet Pumpkin Pie

• Light in Calories, but not in Flavor with all the Authentic Spices

Marinated Strawberries with Warm Marsala Sabayon

• A Soothing Fruity Dream without the Excess Calories

Pineapple Carpaccio

• Served with a Pineapple Sherbet

Warm Chocolate Charlotte

• Chocolate Brioche Lined Creamy Chocolate Cake, Apricot Coulis

We tried several of the "no sugar added" deserts on our Conquest cruise last year and we liked them all. I will add though, we are used to that type of diet, my fiance is a Type 1 diabetic. I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

I actually preferred the "diet" desserts. I found many of the desserts had cream and other tasty fillings rather than jams or caramel. Less sugar but more fat. Definately not low calorie or low taste

I actually preferred the "diet" desserts. I found many of the desserts had cream and other tasty fillings rather than jams or caramel. Less sugar but more fat. Definately not low calorie or low taste

Yes, definitely not counting calories on vacation,:p DH just has to avoid sugar. He is so happy that he'll be able to enjoy dessert.

Do they offer many sugar free desserts on the Conquest and, if so, are they reasonably good? Just want to be prepared if we need to bring sugarless treats.

We've never cruised before. Some restaurants offer sugarfree desserts, some don't. There's a big range in taste too. Just wondering what to expect on the ship.

With a name like A box of Chocolates?

There are sugar free deserts, but not fat free or calorie free.

Are you on sugar busters or diabetic?

Anyway, some are quite tasty. In addition, there is always a cheese plate available for desert that is quite tasty.

The only one that I had was the diet NY cheesecake which, after tasting the regular cheesecake, wasn't my favorite. It was a little bit like sandpaper with very little flavor.

The ironic thing is that my wife and I would comment how tasteless it was but we kept going back for more...! Go figure!

With a name like A box of Chocolates?

There are sugar free deserts, but not fat free or calorie free.

Are you on sugar busters or diabetic?

Anyway, some are quite tasty. In addition, there is always a cheese plate available for desert that is quite tasty.

I know, sounds crazy. DH is diabetic.

When I registered for Cruise Critic, the brain froze and I couldn't think of anything, so I used part of my e-mail address. Comes from Forrest Gump.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get."

Hey, maybe I should add that to my signature:p

All the posts have been so helpful. We'd have had a good time regardless, but I would prefer not to sit eating a gorgeous dessert if there's nothing for him. It's nice to know that won't happen.

There is also a sugar free dessert each day at lunch on the Lido Deck - usually a cake and sometimes also a cheesecake. The cakes are delicious, but the cheesecake is not so good - and is loaded with sugar alcohols which are problematic for some people (including myself).

The dining room has sugar free vanilla ice cream as well - sometimes I will get that and a cheese plate.

Archived