cabin 4160

Tammylyne

we are booked in cabin 4160 I believe this is an 8a cabin. What is the difference between 8 a b or c? Can any experience cruisers let me know about the cabin...being its on floor 4 and right across from elevator will noise be a problem? Is this considered midship? Is the balcony covered..any help would be great :)

The 8 means a standard balcony cabin. The letter designates which deck the cabin is located on, and a being the lowest deck and rising one deck with each letter, unless you are sailing a Spirit class ship in which case each alternating letter designates an extended balcony so every other letter moves you up one deck.

a standard Main deck

b standard Upper deck

c extended Upper deck

d standard Empress deck

e extended Empress deck

etc.

You don't mention which ship you will be sailing but I am guessing it is a Spirit class ship as the Destiny/Triumph/Conquest class ships do not have balconies on deck 4. If this is correct it looks like your cabin is over one of the quieter portions of the Atlantic deck below so I would not expect any noise issues.

Archived