Don't Turn Off The Lights

G.M.T.

I know that in England (probably other countries as well) during the summer months when there is not much news ahppening the newspapers publish frivolous news stories and this is called THE SILLY SEASON.

Why don't we have a silly season here on the Costa forum (although come to think about it we have a silly season - year round) to tide us over the summer months, whereby we change well known sayings or film titles or whatever. For example:

To Costa or not to Costa , that is the question;

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The Slings and Arrows of outrageous CC members**

The Good (positive review), The Bad (partial negative review) The Ugly (100% negative review).

Any ideas?:)

Ron

** My thanks to W. Shakespeare, late of Statford Upon Avon for allow me to quote from one of his works.

erm...Ron...erm...has anyone ever told you that you're MAD! :D:D:D:D

Goldryder, one has to be careful about making insults (I know I have a yellow card already).

But to return to your question - Y E S I am totally mad (especially about cruisng) but I put that down tomy British blood and passport.

Kath, I'm not getting desperate (not yet at least), but sometimes the boards get a bit too serious for a topic that should all be FUN FUN FUN. Coming from the Wirrel you should know that, Liverpool supplying some of the best comedians in UK. Now wheres me Tickling Stick.:D

Ron

Well this might bring a smile to your face, Ron. I have been informed by Costa UK (Janine, to be exact) that our little jaunt in March has a fixed gratuity of 95 Euros per person. I don't think that is too bad at all considering its almost 3 weeks on the ship :)

Knowing in advance doesn't 'alf help in the on board pre budgeting too :)

Well this might bring a smile to your face, Ron. I have been informed by Costa UK (Janine, to be exact) that our little jaunt in March has a fixed gratuity of 95 Euros per person. I don't think that is too bad at all considering its almost 3 weeks on the ship :)

Knowing in advance doesn't 'alf help in the on board pre budgeting too :)

Thanks for the info.:mad:

Thats 5 Euros a day, cost of a beer or glass of wine. Glad I booked the X1 package.

But you are correct, it certainly helps with budgeting and takes the sting out of the end of cruise bill.

This time next year our cruise will behind us.:(

Ron

Thanks for the info.:mad:

Thats 5 Euros a day, cost of a beer or glass of wine. Glad I booked the X1 package.

But you are correct, it certainly helps with budgeting and takes the sting out of the end of cruise bill.

This time next year our cruise will behind us.:(

Ron

I don't drink so the 5 euros a day won't dent my pocket too much :o

This time next year the 3 week jaunt maybe behind us, but I already have another booked for Classica in October next year....Shanghai to Hong Kong, via South Korea, Nagasaki, Tokyo, Kobe, Okinawa & Taiwan :D

Mmmm... Dubai to Singapore in 2009....sounds like an exciting cruise option. I might take a gander at the details about that one.:D

OH BTW, my gran's coalman was Ken Dodd's dad. Hehe!

hmmm the cruise has some very interesting stopovers...including a couple of overnight stays - Dubai, Mumbai, Phuket & Singapore :)

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/Shopping/Month/CruiseDetail.htm?&Period=200903&DepPort=DXB&VIti=CL_19_C_H0_S_C_BOM_GOI_MLE_COL_HKT_PHG_SIN_DXB_FUJ_MCT

Its actually a world cruise segment but without the world cruise segment price tag :D

Mmmm... Dubai to Singapore in 2009....sounds like an exciting cruise option. I might take a gander at the details about that one.:D

OH BTW, my gran's coalman was Ken Dodd's dad. Hehe!

Kath,

Come on, be adventureous. Not many cabins left. Also this is a one off cruise, the Classica will be staying in the Far East, Costa have to disperse their ships for 2009 with 2 new ships here in Europe. Chance of a life time, just think instead of going to the curry or Chinese take-away you can actually taste the crusine in their homeland. I'm getting hungry already.:rolleyes:

Ron

Wow! I love the look of this cruise. I wonder how much the flights will be? The cost of the cruise seems very reasonable-only problem -we couldn't afford to take the kids on this one as well (shame!). Will look into this...

If you run through the booking section, you can include flights now on the totting up via the website. My flights are with Lufthansa through Costa and all in for a single cabin its £2300, which is not at all bad really for a single with flights included :)

If you run through the booking section, you can include flights now on the totting up via the website. My flights are with Lufthansa through Costa and all in for a single cabin its £2300, which is not at all bad really for a single with flights included :)

Thanks for the info. Goldryder-much appreciated. I'm going to have to put this on a back-burner as i had forgotten that 2009 is my daughter's GCSE year. Never mind..we will have to look for a similar itinerary the year after.

Kath

Archived