Kona extended stay, need suggestions please

penngater

Hi Everyone,

DH and I will be taking our first trip to Hawaii at the end of May for partial business/fun trip....

We will be in Kona from Monday- Saturday for my meeting, staying at the Sheraton Keahou Bay Resort & Spa.

A large part of my days will be filled by meetings but would love some options for DH to do, we are going one night to the hotel's Luau... Any other suggestions that are near by????

The following week we will be taking a cruise a Pride of America.

Thank you for all suggestions!!!

• Administrators
Hi Everyone,

DH and I will be taking our first trip to Hawaii at the end of May for partial business/fun trip....

We will be in Kona from Monday- Saturday for my meeting, staying at the Sheraton Keahou Bay Resort & Spa.

A large part of my days will be filled by meetings but would love some options for DH to do, we are going one night to the hotel's Luau... Any other suggestions that are near by????

The following week we will be taking a cruise a Pride of America.

Thank you for all suggestions!!!

Any chance you could sneak away one day to join hubby for a water excursion? :) I ask because Keauhou is the home harbor for the Fair Wind II and her sister, the Hula Kai -- http://www.fair-wind.com/

We loved our trip on the Fair Wind II this past summer -- enough so that when we return for a land-based visit we plan to take the Hula Kai trip as well.

That would let you either spend your Kona day on the Pride of America as a shopping stop (lots of nifty shops in Kona), or do a historical visit to Place of Refuge, etc. Alternatively, you could reverse those, and do Fair Wind or Hula Kai during your cruise -- but the $50 round trip cab fare from the tender pier to Keauhou is what popped in my head as I read your post. If you will already BE there, do what's offered there. :)

Have a wonderful trip!

We just got back from a Pride of Aloha cruise that included Kona and Hilo. Due to Kiluea's activity, the weather was totally unpredictable. We had lightening, thunder, and wicked rain. The 'vog' is totally messing with the weather.

Suggestions? Make plenty of options for rain. Try to plan alternate ideas on the Northern part of island (wind a factor of course).

Archived