MSC Lirica

CruiseReviews

As for images of OPERA's interiors I think there are a few around, but here's a good website to start with:

Navires Croisieres - MSC Opera interior photos

Thanks for the link. Frankly I think I like LIRICA's interior color schemes better actually - but they both look very nice... A nice change of pace from the glitz of the mega-ships. Those cool colors are just a bit, well, cold for my taste, though looking at the photos again I somehow have a strange feeling that the color is off. I guess we'll have to wait to see some more photos to see if they all come out that way.

MSC's web site has no photos at the moment. It also doesn't have any sections for people outside the US, doesn't have prices, and they don't seem to answer the information request e-mails. When I sent for a Caribbean brochure, they sent me last year's, for the now-finished 2003-2004 season! Though admittedly on that count I might excuse them as they're apparently in the midst of moving their offices from someplace in New Jersey to Ft. Lauderdale. (I think it was last year that, unbeknownst to me, they moved their offices from New York to New Jersey. I think they were the last cruise line to have offices in Manhattan, not counting the bankrupt Royal Olympia. Very sad, at least for me.)

Well Hornblower can't go in Sept and it seems that I slighted you...
Lighten up Tom, I was kidding! There was supposed to be a winking emoticon next to that comment but it hasn't carried over to the new board. Personally I think emoticons are a bit silly looking but after having people misunderstand me too often I've long since made my peace with them. Anyhow this just goes to show that sometimes we read the wrong tone into what's written on the web. Rest assured no offense has been taken.

I'd like to try Star Clippers but I can't go anywhere December 5 either. Anyhow maybe someday I'll run into you on a cruise and then we can talk ships until we're blue in the face in person. It's always nice to run into someone I can do that with without boring them to death! In the meantime that's what these boards are for :) .

• 2 months later...

Archived