Babysitting on Princess?

Luxuriate

The search feature on the boards hasn't been working lately. I am curious what life will be like for my four year-old (he'll turn four the first day of the cruise) on our 10 day Caribbean Emerald Princess cruise. We have only been on one other cruise with our son, when he was still in diapers. That cruise was Celebrity. They wouldn't allow him unsupervised (without his parents) in the kid's program but they did have an excellent in-room babysitting service for night-time.

I'm wondering what I can expect on our Princess cruise? Will there be in-room babysitting? Will my son be eligible for a night-time sleep-over party? I can't find any specifics about Princess cruises right now, regarding four year-old boys. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheryl

You might want to ask this question on the Princess Board as well for more responses. As far as I know Princess does not offer in-room babysitting on any of their ships. There is late night sitting for a fee in the clubs beginning at 10 p.m. when the regular kids club hours end. We have been on two Princess cruises and neither offered a late night party, but there was a Pajama party during the regular kids club evening hours on one of the last evenings of our cruise.

My daughter is 8 and she loves the Princess clubs. They have great counselors and offer a wide variety of age-appropriate crafts and activities everyday. You will receive a schedule for the entire week upon embarkation and there is an orientation/registration on the first evening where the program will be described in detail and the staff will be available to meet your children and answer your questions.

I'm sure your son will have a great time!

We just came back from the Caribbean Princess. While Princess does not have in-room babysitting, most of their ships have group babysitting for kids 3+. It's between the hours of 10 pm and 1 am. Not sure if there is a special fee for it and what the kids do during that time. I'm sure they can fall asleep but not sure if there are beds, bedtime stories, etc.

Your guy should be eligible. I think only the smaller ships that go to more exotic ports do not offer this as there are very few kids on those sailings.

Archived