Lobster lunches - Roatan??

priscillabud

I just read that Roatan has a number of fish restaurants - famous for their lobster. I would love to eat at a nice restaurant and get lobster tails. Does anyone know if there are any restaurants near where the ship drops you off for tours?

there are a couple just down the street. they look like houses on short stilts over the water. i don't know which ones have lobster...well,they won't be maine lobster, they would be the caribbean clawless version.

have you checked out the roatan port of call boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

the street, around the docks, gets crowded...the locals trying get to get the passengers to take a tour or 2. shop keepers with their merchanise on tables around the walkway.

we did walk around and had a good time, but it's recommended to get out and away from the docks.

there's a local tour vendor talked about, on the roatan boards...give a more local flair to his tours.

We just got back and did the Victor Bodden tour in Roatan. We picked what we wanted to do and choose to go to Half Moon Bay for lunch. We got 2 decent-size lobster tails for $20. the restaurant also specializes in coconut shrimp.

Hi - thanks for responding. Did you get the victor bodden tourguide at the pier? Also - How was Half Moon Bay - Pretty Beach? is there a nice hotel there? Does he wait for you while you have lunch? How much did it cost for his services. Thanks so much.

I booked Victor way back in October. I know that he was fully booked the day we were in Roatan but that was also Spring Break. If you really want his tour, I would email him and arrange it in advance. He'll tell you where to go and have a driver waiting for you. We had 4 in our group and it was $25 pp. I tipped him an additional $20 for my DD & me, not sure what the other 2 gave him.

I remember the water being beautiful at Half Moon but don't remember that much about the beach or surrounding area.

I had read on Cruise Critic that people invited their driver to eat with them and paid for his lunch so we did the same. He accepted the offer so I think this must be done regularly.

Archived