Number of Singles Cruising

Before P&O stopped the share with a stranger arrangement there used to be a lot of singles taking advantage of this including myself on many occasions. As I haven’t been on a cruise for awhile I was wondering whether the number of singles cruising has changed significantly as a result. Does anybody have any observations on this?

Can't answer your question because upcoming cruise is my first Ocean Cruise but myself, hubby & daughter are having to have my mum in cabin with us simply because she couldn't afford a cabin on her own. Also she has wanted to go on a cruise for years but had nobody to go with so I promised her we would go with her(great decision I reckon!).

Maybe you could ask on this forum if anyone wants to share a cabin with you on an upcoming cruise. Worth a try I think!.

Cheers,

Trish (NEWYORK40)

Before P&O stopped the share with a stranger arrangement there used to be a lot of singles taking advantage of this including myself on many occasions. As I haven’t been on a cruise for awhile I was wondering whether the number of singles cruising has changed significantly as a result. Does anybody have any observations on this?

I guess the numbers of singles onboard will have reduced due to that change, as there is also extra promotion of family cruising now too.

Of course, groups of singles can still travel together on a booking and you can cruise solo in a cabin (at a premium). There is at least one T\A that books cabins and co-ordinates singles to share the cabin. No names here, as per CC policy, but you could google singles cruising to find that agent. And as already suggested, you might be able to find a travel partner here or another site. Singles can still cruise together - all that has changed is that P&O will no longer do the matchmaking.

Archived