Boarding Pass

PittsburghGirlee

We are cruising on May 10 - 18 of this year from PIT to FLL.

My questions is..........................

Is buying minutes on the ship and using the internet cafe, the only way to complete the boarding pass and check to make sure that your flight has not been canceled or delayed?

I was actually going to have my sister complete the boarding pass for me and keep checking for any changes, but how am I supposed to get the boarding passes if she completes them for me? Can these rapidly be printed at a kiosk?

Sorry if this is a no brainer, but I just do not understand.

Also, our return flight from FLL to PIT is at 11:52am, so we will be "high tailing" it off the ship and to the airport.

Thanks in advance for any input.

If you have never done something, how are you supposed to know how to do it? Ergo, this is not a dumb question. If you want some dumb questions, just let me know -- I will be happy to supply them :)

There are two separate things that happen ... they seem to be the same thing, but they are not:

1) Check-in for the flight. 24-hours or less before scheduled departure on-line. A few hours before the flight at the airport -- either one, no need to do both.

2) Boarding pass: Print when you check-in on-line. get it at the airport when you check-in there. Gt it at the airport after checking-in on-line.

every airline I have flown allows one to reprint a boarding pass at the kiosk. So, you can have someone check-in for you and then print (or reprint) the boarding pass at the kiosk by the airline's check-in counter at the airport. it takes <1 minute to print the beast -- plus whatever wait-in-line time there is.

You can, of course, print the boarding pass yourself on board using the internet cafe's computers and printers. You can have the concierge do it for you. You can do it at the airport at the kiosk. You can wait in line at the airport and have an agent print it for you (with most airlines).

have a good trip.

Paul

I have similar concerns. I have a 12:10 pm flight out of FLL on the 19th. Do I have to check in online? If I am understanding this correctly I can wait until I get to the airport that morning. Is this correct?

Thanks

I have similar concerns. I have a 12:10 pm flight out of FLL on the 19th. Do I have to check in online? If I am understanding this correctly I can wait until I get to the airport that morning. Is this correct?

Thanks

You don't have to check in online. You can always wait until you get to the airport.

NCL has a program where they'll get your boarding passes and check in your luggage for you. It's called the BAGS program. You just give your luggage to them and you pick it up at your final destination. It costs $16. Given that cruise lines love to imitate one another, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them have a similar program.

Archived