Another dinner dress question..

Sorry if this is redundant. (stupid search feature is not working still)

We are cruising at the end of the week on the Enchantment 5 night to E. Caribbean. I have cruised with RCI before about 2 years ago and I do remember the dining room dress code being "dressy casual" meaning: I've seen people dress up jeans and not stick out.

I am very obviously pregnant (hehe) and dont' have much variety to my wardrobe. Also What would you suggest for kids to wear, I've got an 8 yr old and also bringing my 9 yr old nephew. Pretty much all their attire are shorts and tshirts...do you think this is ok?? Not sure why I'm stressing so much about this...(darn pregnant hormones I guess)

Thanks so much!

First....I hope you meet THIS policy:

Pregnancy

Royal Caribbean will not accept guests who will enter their 24th week of pregnancy by the end of the cruise or Cruisetour. Please contact us if you have already reserved your cruise and do not meet this requirement.

:)

As for the kids in the dining room, you will get the full range of opinions from this board......from "it's your vacation, wear what you want", to "rules are rules, and should never be broken". That being said, my opinion lies somewhere in the middle. The RCI policies state that shorts are not appropriate attire in the dining room for dinner, and that children are expected to follow the dress "suggestions". You will see people (adults and children) wearing shorts.....I personally would not.

Do yourself a favor. When you bring on 8 and 9 year olds, invest in 2 pairs of dockers and an oxford shirt and/or golf-style shirt with collar for each kid. They will be comfortable, no one can complain they're not dressed for dinner (this works well for husbands/boyfriends as well!).

Do yourself a favor. When you bring on 8 and 9 year olds, invest in 2 pairs of dockers and an oxford shirt and/or golf-style shirt with collar for each kid. They will be comfortable, no one can complain they're not dressed for dinner (this works well for husbands/boyfriends as well!).

This is EXACTLY what I put my son in when we cruise!!! He was comfortable yet looked nice...my daughter wore sundresses and sandals with a little cardigan over for the cold

Just a suggestion.....if the kids really dont want to "dress up"(more than shorts)........go with them and have them eat at the WJ.......then you and your husband can eat in the dining room(late seating) while they are at AO..

Minimom:

Oh yes, that was the FIRST thing I looked up in December when I found out we were expecting (we booked our cruise in Sept) I am 19 weeks now so I am safe! I also did get a note from my Dr. saying that I am safe to travel and not high risk........just to cover my butt.

My son has a khaki pair of pants and plenty of collared shirts he could wear and he has a dark blue pair of pants too. Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll be sure to call my SIL to see if my nephew has appropriate attire.

For myself: I do have about two sundresses that are nice and two pairs of capri pants that are not of jean material that I could dress up with a shirt and sandals...do you think that is good? I mean if I have to "repeat" than so be it.....It kills me to spend all kinds of money on maternity clothes that I am going to wear for one season and then who knows if I'll ever wear them again (i am cheap Hehe)

Minimom:

Oh yes, that was the FIRST thing I looked up in December when I found out we were expecting (we booked our cruise in Sept) I am 19 weeks now so I am safe! I also did get a note from my Dr. saying that I am safe to travel and not high risk........just to cover my butt.

My son has a khaki pair of pants and plenty of collared shirts he could wear and he has a dark blue pair of pants too. Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll be sure to call my SIL to see if my nephew has appropriate attire.

For myself: I do have about two sundresses that are nice and two pairs of capri pants that are not of jean material that I could dress up with a shirt and sandals...do you think that is good? I mean if I have to "repeat" than so be it.....It kills me to spend all kinds of money on maternity clothes that I am going to wear for one season and then who knows if I'll ever wear them again (i am cheap Hehe)

sounds like you have it covered.

last cruise I had a 17 y.o. (made him dress like an adult - suit on suit nite, khakis, dressy shirts - no jeans or t's) also a 12 and 9 y.o. On casual nites they wore nice shorts or khakis and golf shirts or casual button up shirts. On more formal nites they wore slightly dressier clothes but don't have seriously dressy clothes. I think as long as no jeans or t's you are good. We skipped formal nite but have 2 on this cruise coming up -- just going with dressy clothes, not tux/cocktail dress dressy - just regular dressy

nice enough

and yes, it is your vacation so look nice but try not to stress

(and congrats on the baby too!)

Archived