cavetubing. bz

kamper427

I'm thinking about using cavetubing.bz also in March. I'm also concerned about the time for just the cave tubing and making sure we are back on the ship before it sails. Has anyone used this company before for just the cave tubing, no zip line? Did you make is back to the ship in plenty of time?

I would perfer to use this company, as the age restriction for Carnival is 8 yrs old or older. My youngest son will be 8 one week after we return. So if there is a problem with using the company maybe I'll call Carnival to see if they'll let him do this excursion.

My main thing is, I don't want to miss the ship! :eek::eek:

We used Vitalino November 2009.

We booked him on recommendations from here and tripadvisor.

The youngest member of our tour was 4 years old, my youngest was 5, and my eldest was 10. The oldest person on our tour was near her mid-60s.

There is a hike to get to the caves. It's along a gravel pathway through the rainforest, and it's really amazing to be quite frank. I have never seen foliage of that size before...

Unfortunately, the hike with the wide range of ages and abilities probably took longer than it should have.

One of the other guests on the tour wanted to do some shopping and eat at the port in Belize before boarding the ship, so they asked Vitalino NOT to stop for food.

We made it back to the ship with about a good hour to spare, but we did make a short stop for the food, and ate in the van. It was rice w/ beans and chicken... It wasn't a restaurant, but a picnic area where the food was.

I do have to say that the food was GREAT (especially after the hike and tubing). I swear they must use some coconut milk to cook the rice, it was really delicious, and the chicken was slow roasted/super tender and juicy... but that's neither here nor there.

I think I remember the ride out to the caves is 45min or so... so bring a watch, and make sure you give yourself an hour or more to get back to port to catch a tender. Vitalino will adjust your plans accordingly, I'm sure.

I think had we stopped at the picnic area and ate there, we would have had no time to shop at the port... but Belize isn't a huge shopping destination anyway.

edit:

I posted a couple of pictures in this thread a long time ago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1168918&highlight=

We just returned from our cruise a week ago and we went cave tubing with cavetubing.bz. It was amazing and we had a wonderful time. Our guides were Carlos and Leo and they took excellent care of us. I would use them with confidence. They are #1 for a reason. Any other specific questions just ask!

Freezing in Green Bay

Go Packers!

We are going on this excursion in march and we will have in tow our 3 and 5 year olds. Both of our kids LOVE waterparks (slides and wave pools) so we feel they will do just fine. Of course, the 3 year old will either ride with me or my husband. If your 2 year old is great in water than you should be just fine!

We picked this company because our kids could ride with us!

Tiffany

Everyone who has gone with cavetubing.bz, about how many people were on your tour? I'm trying to decide between them and cave-tubing.com and I kind of have the impression that cavetubing.bz has more intimate groups and is a little more personal, but I'm not sure if that's actually true. Thanks!

We will be stopping in Belize in 2 weeks for our cruise on the Voyager of the Seas. We have reserved our group of 4 with cavetubing.bz. Can someone who has recently used this company please tell me the name of the place they take you . . . thanks in advance.

I'm thinking about using cavetubing.bz also in March. I'm also concerned about the time for just the cave tubing and making sure we are back on the ship before it sails. Has anyone used this company before for just the cave tubing, no zip line? Did you make is back to the ship in plenty of time?

I would perfer to use this company, as the age restriction for Carnival is 8 yrs old or older. My youngest son will be 8 one week after we return. So if there is a problem with using the company maybe I'll call Carnival to see if they'll let him do this excursion.

My main thing is, I don't want to miss the ship! :eek::eek:

We used cavetubing.bz last week and it was one of the best excursions. The owner Vitalino Reyes really takes care of you and has great guides that really love their work and the prices are great. He has many vehicles and all are in great shape. The tubing is just a float and the water most of the time is not more than 5 feet deep and an 8 year old can handle it. You can add anything to the tubing check his site. If you have any questions send me an email dwarry@cox.net

Dave

We will be stopping in Belize in 2 weeks for our cruise on the Voyager of the Seas. We have reserved our group of 4 with cavetubing.bz. Can someone who has recently used this company please tell me the name of the place they take you . . . thanks in advance.

They take you to the caves for the tubing. You can add zipline or Altun Ha or the ZOo if you like or just do the tubing and a great meal like we did. You have a personal guide with you at all times and they treat you great. He provides a wonderful meal and beverages in fact when we got off the ship we were handed a bottle of water. They will design whatever you want and you will love it. We have been on 12 cruises and it is one of the best excursions we have taken and his price is great. Email him with any questions he is really honest.

Everyone who has gone with cavetubing.bz, about how many people were on your tour? I'm trying to decide between them and cave-tubing.com and I kind of have the impression that cavetubing.bz has more intimate groups and is a little more personal, but I'm not sure if that's actually true. Thanks!

That is true, we had just wife and I in a group as several people had booked with him but didn't show. At the most he has 8 people in a group.

I think we have decided not to take our 2 year old but Dh, our 9 and 6 year old will go. I guess I'll stay back on the ship with the 2 year old.

I have heard so many great things about this company...

I'm still nervous about them making the ship!! we have never booked an excursion not through carnival

We did a tour with cavetubing.bz last August. Our family of 7 shared a van with another family of 4 for the drive to the cave area. Our guide (Fabulous...not only a description of his tour...but also his name!) gave us lots of interesting info about Belize on the drive. Our driver was Vitalino's son...Vito, Jr.

Once we picked up our tubes and started the hike to the caves, the two families split up...Fabulous went with our family and Vito, Jr. took the other family. So basically we had a private tour just for our family.

Our whole family loved this tour and I can highly recommend cavetubing.bz. I have a link to my review in my signature and it includes much more information and photos of our day in Belize!

Although I loved the tour I wonder if it would be a good choice for someone with such a young child. The walk to the spot where you get into the tubes is at least 45 minutes through the jungle...I wonder if the hike might be too long for a 2 year old.

I used cavetubing.bz on January 20th and like many others have already stated was treated to an experience of a LIFETIME! Our guides remained conscience of our time constraints throughtout the entire day too. If you're sure to be on one of the first tenders off the ship then you're guaranteed plenty of time with at least 90 minutes or more to spare. Just remember that Belize is on Central time while your ship may be on Eastern :)

Used Cavetubing.bz and were extremely happy that we used them. While floating in the caves and on the river we saw many people with other companies who's employees seemed less experienced/capable. Our guides were EXTREMELY organized and competent, even the one who was "in training". Other groups split off from their guides, had problems with the innertubes, etc. They had some trouble getting out of the water at the end. NO problems with our group/guides.

• 1 month later...

Funny..we just sailed with our three kids...same exact ages! We did the cavetubing with cavetubing.bz...had Jr and Jorge. With other family members we were a party of 10...had a great time! Bottled water on the way...gave us a lot of info. The hike is really more like 45 min-1 hour..but was fine. Tubing was fun...stopped for meal at Vitalino's restaurant..food was good. Rum punch was great. Back to the tender in time. It was several in our group's favorite day. Well worth the price. Always felt like we were well taken care of and definately never in danger.

I went with Vitalino (Jr and Dennis I believe) at .bz

I've read stunning reviews for both outfits (Major Tom and Vitalino) and I think both are great companies to use... Haven't really read too many negative reviews for either... I think the most negative review I've read was here in CC by someone who was complaining about their tour guide....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1354285&highlight=

but I think the poster just had a bad day.

It does bring up some tips, though... such as the side linking of the tubes. I went in 2009, so I'm not sure if the "rules" have changed. The OP of the other thread said that the adults had to hold onto their kids' tubes whereas Vitalino just tied us together with extra vests.

Otherwise, I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless of the company you use.

edit:

Oh nuts.... Major Tom is .net (not .com)

Umm...

yeah.

Recently I've found that Major Tom's reveiws seem to be slipping. Transportation isn't as nice and lots of waiting around on the pier and for others doing zip lines. Also seems like he has the older tubes and equipment.

.com hasn't replied in over 48 hours to my email but is my 1st choice.

.bz serves lunch out of a house if I'm not mistaken...that's not my gig but I also don't know where .com's lunch is coming from.

Do we know anything about the condition of tubes at .com?

From the Carnival pictures they wear new helmets, have the new tubes, etc. Both Major Toms and .com show pictures of the old tubes, but i'm not sure if that's still the equipment they are using.

.com indicated to me that they'd have 2 leave times -- one for people able to get off the first tender and then another a bit later for those who couldn't. Major Tom didn't really answer my question about "waiting around" and what if I didn't get on the first tender -- they just indicated they'd send me specific instructions.

Does Major Tom or .com have helmets for you to wear?

I'm still torn on what to do -- and the kicker is that my ship may not even stop in Belize, so planning is really getting frustrating!

Not sure about Major Tom but I've ruled him out because of the reviews about "waiting."

.com supposedly has the newer more comfortable yellow tubes.

I'll try emailing them again and I'll ask about helmets too.

CCBMOM-

I emailed cave-tubing.com and they got back to me in like 10 minutes! There prior non-reply must have been a fluke. I kind of wish we could just skip lunch but the newer tubes have me sold! I also would prefer my husband and son NOT see the ATV site where lunch is served. Here is their reply:

Yes, we provide helmets for the cave tubing tour. We have new yellow tubes and life jackets.

You won't wait for people at the dock. Normally we mee us our guests between 9 - 9:30am.

You will not wait on the people doing the ATV nor the zipline. The people who would normally wait are the ones who are in a group and do not want to separate.

Refreshments is bottled water, cashew wine, lunch. Lunch is at the end of the tour at our ATV site and we stop for like 30 mins.

Thanks Dap2! I'm leaning toward them as well. Now I just have to hope my Carnival ship makes the stop. It does make me nervous to go on a non-carnival exursion, but I think we really will need more guides helping us.

I reserved with .com. They assured me we will not have to wait for the ATV group. They have the new tubes and helmets. The tamale lunch sounds great! Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the Belize Tenders get their new boats in so my Carnival ship will stop there!

Archived