Aft cabin vs suite on Connie

cappi

We currently have an aft CC room on Connie. We are considering an upgrade to a suite. I heard so many great things about the aft cabins and Concierge Class room, that I don't know an upgrade to sky suite is going to be worth it. I need your advice!

Hi, I think it depends on what you're looking for. We love a big deck, we spend a considerable amount of time out there, so no butler service is just fine by us. What are you going to use more, the deck? or a extra space inside and a butler? We ended up booking an FV which are hard to get, so we get the extra, extra big deck and the larger cabin, but no butler.

Hi,

As the above poster stated, what are you looking for? We prefer the aft cabins, as the verandahs are very large. We had 4 lounge chairs, plus two tables and chairs on the last one. They are approximately 2/3 covered with a canvus cover, so you can sit in the sun or shade. If, you can get one, I would go for the corner FV aft cabins (on the "M" class ships only, decks 7, 8, or 9). They are 271 square feet with a huge verandah that gives you a view of approximately 270 degrees.

Hi,

On our first Summit sailing, Hawaii to Vanc., May, 2002, we had corner room 8166. To say we loved it would be a gross understatement. :D We keep trying to get one again, and haven't yet.

Cruise friends we chummed around with onboard were in a Sky Suite. They kept hearing us rave about our deck space and cabin sq. footage, so for fun we did a stateroom comparison. While the decor in their SS had a more elegant feel (darker wood, better fabrications, etc.), and while their bathroom was outstanding, we still far preferred the benefits of our aft stateroom. And they agreed! When they saw ours she said, "Oh, wow! We'll give up our SS for this any day!! Next time we're booking one of these!"

We had absolutely no problem with noise from above. The sound we did enjoy was being able to sit on a very private feeling deck and hear the "swoosh" of the vessel's wake. And then to be able to be out there and watch the variety of color in the wake, both night and day, was fantastic.

I hope you enjoy your sailing immensely.

CM

We got our first aft CC cabin on our Hawaiian cruise a couple of years ago on the Infinity. When we boarded, we asked if there were any suites that we could upgrade to. Later that evening we were told a suite on deck six was available. When we went and checked it out, we immediately called guest services and said we'd keep the aft cabin. Lifeboats obstructed the view from the suite on deck six and the balcony was MUCH smaller then the aft balcony. To us, the great cabin stewards were close enough to butlers for us. We spent the rest of the cruise enjoying watching the beautiful scenery, sunsets, sunrises, wake of the ship (day or night) and whales, whales and more whales. Since then we've had 2 more aft CC cabins (Panama Canal 2 years ago and Transatlantic a month ago). We have an aft CC on the Constellation next fall for New England. Our favorite cabin is 9201 (highest numbered cabin on the ship). We've had one FV but the solid metal rail obstructed our view when we were sitting at the balcony table. If you check our connection to our Webshots pictures you'll see the view from our balconies that we've had.

Dave and Elaine

Thank you guys for wonderful advice. We have cabin 9160. We are pretty independent people and would prefer bigger balcony space to hang out over a butler. I think we'll be keeping our cabin!

We have had 4 suites and 4 Aft cabins. We like the Aft over the Suites maybe because we are not butler type people.

Just for the record the Celebrity suites on the M class do not have a baloney.

We just got back from the Constellation cruise of New England and Canada. We had stateroom 9158. Huge!! Loved it. The balcony is really big and so is the stateroom. Efren, our stateroom attendant was wonderful and he helped with anything we wanted. We have booked a FV for our next cruise and would suggest you stick with the aft cabin vs. a suite. Views are better too!!

Dave-we have 9201 reserved for this February on the Summit. I'm curious as to whether you had sun or shade on the balcony, or both? Sounds like we made a good choice!!!!

I had 9201 last year on Millennium. . .the balcony is completly covered, so you get shade all the time exept when the sun is low in the sky.

To be honest, I would prefer one of the aft cabins on the 7th or 8th decks -- you get a little more sun and no noise from the cafe above.

But I agree that these cabins are more desirable than the many of the Sky Suites!

FortyNiner Liz: Thanks so much for your input re #9158, Constellation. We are booked on same for S. Carib in Jan, '05. We have sailed with Celebrity x4 and have stayed in suites with butler, which we enjoyed, but are really looking forward to aft cabin.

• 1 month later...

dmk

There will be some noise from about when they are cleaning but other then that we had no problem. If you are inside the cabin with the door close you never hear them. We enjoy being up high and able to view everything. We just love the aft cabins. :D

Dave and Elaine

Did you find cabin 9201 noisy? I have the opportunity to book this cabin and I was wondering about chairs scraping from above.

If my wife and I can't score one of the FV cabins to either side, we'll go for one of the CC cabins in between.

Those on Deck 9 have a bit of +/-, but it all depends on when you like to hit the sack at night.

On the + side, you have the benefit of sitting out on your own (large) veranda, and listening to the music right upstairs. It's typically low key music with, for example, one acoustic guitar and a vocal. Great way to spend an evening relaxing out back. Close the door to your veranda and you won't hear a thing if that's what you prefer.

On the - side, they will eventually close down shop and as they move the chairs and tables about, you can hear it from any of the aft Deck 9 cabins. That said, it isn't horrible, and unless you're the type that tucks in early, and are a pretty light sleeper, it isn't really a bother. The benefits of these cabins will greatly outweigh any complaint in this area. You've chosen well.

Archived