Port Of Miami Parking price~~SHOCKED!

cruisingtrish

Well everyone I just got back from my cruise on the Majesty and went to pay for parking and hey parking is $20.00 a day!!:mad: I looked at the lady and asked "Are you crazy"? She said prices went up in October. Last time I was there it was August 2007. So for a 3 day cruise it cost me $60.00 in parking. I for one won't be taking anymore cruises out of Miami's port. I think we are being raped here. I realize things are going up but not by 7 or 8 bucks. I think $20.00 a day parking is robbery. I didn't see a sign telling me it was $20.00 a day.:(

It went up last year and it is outrageous. With the State budget in shambles, the real estate market in the hole, the voters pasiing property tax reductions, the price of fuel skyrocketing, municipalities are scrambling for revenues. Unfortunately Miami is trying to reduce the revenue shortfall with tourist dollars. Even for me when I cruise out of Miami whether I drive or take a limo it costs the same, so the limo always wins out. A real shame. I try to avoid the Port of Miami at all costs. :cool:

It's Florida. Remember we make our money off tourists.

Our local economy is a disaster, Miami gov't is a banana republic, and the port authorities know you need to park your car. I don't agree with the price increase, but it's not any different than parking your car at the airport. Trust me, it might keep you from cruising but it won't keep others and the parking authorities will continue to thrive.

Just a sign of the times we live in and the reality of life.

Well everyone I just got back from my cruise on the Majesty and went to pay for parking and hey parking is $20.00 a day!!:mad: I looked at the lady and asked "Are you crazy"? She said prices went up in October. Last time I was there it was August 2007. So for a 3 day cruise it cost me $60.00 in parking. I for one won't be taking anymore cruises out of Miami's port. I think we are being raped here. I realize things are going up but not by 7 or 8 bucks. I think $20.00 a day parking is robbery. I didn't see a sign telling me it was $20.00 a day.:(

Archived