On Board TV Channels in Europe - Century

Polydonald

We're sailing on the Century in Northern Europe this summer. What's likely to be on the television? I would assume a news channel (CNN, BBC, Sky News?), sports (European or US?) and...

what else?

I remember reading that there will be a channel that shows the shore excursions ad naseum, bow camera, and ship's position.

Also, if someone who was recently on board could confirm that the TV's in standard cabins DO NOT have AV hook ups it would be helpful.

We're sailing on the Century in May to Scotland and Ireland. Any chance of receiving BBC? We'd love to catch one of our favorite shows that's starting a new series that we won't get here for at least six months or more.

No cruise ship broadcasts any network television. You won't see ABC or BBC or CBN on a ship. The broadcast rights would be cost prohibitive to the cruise line.

Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to wait for BBC America. I thought maybe they had satellite TV. Wishful thinking. We'll be so close, but evidently so far.

Archived