Summit Refurbishment

DoubleEntry

Anyone know anything about the current dry dock work being done on the ship? I wonder if the crew will stay together or if she'll sail with a new crew. If so, how long would it take the new one to get in synch with each other in order to run a smooth operation? We've been on a few inaugural seasons, but never this close to a crew change. W're on the May 23rd sailing out of Venice.

I was on the transatlantic cruise which come into Southampton last week. The got us al off early because they wanted to leave by 10 am to get to the dry dock. Anyway my room steward, waiters and bar staff all said they they could have two weeks unpaid leave OR stay on board and muck in to do whatever for 4 or 5 hours a day. So it looks as if you will have the same crew who were superb.

We cruised on the Summit in March. The crew rotates according to their contracts. I think many started in the Caribbean before the TA , most we talked to were staying on through summer. The price just dropped for May 23, we liked it so much we may sign up for this one and see the new decorating

We sailed Summit 2/08 and thought it was the best ship, service, beds, best all around. We have been on other Celeb, RC and several others and Summit was tops. I think the reburbishment will just add a little more shine to a fantastic ship. Crew - I think their emphasis on service will give you the best stewards and wait staff even if crew changes. I am ready to go back! Laurie

Archived