Teen activities on Sovereign of the Seas

I am cruising on Sovereign of the Seas with a 15 & 16 year old. I read a few things about the teen only club- do they get free drinks in there? Adults aren't allowed at all?? Is there any sort of suprvision in these areas? Do they serve no-alcoholic versions of drinks for a fee? Has anyone's teen done the scavenger hunt? Any suggestions for on board activites would be helpful! Thanks!:D

Did Sovereign last September with then 12 and 15year old girls. The teen area had video games and movies and music. There were planned events that sometimes were cancelled after 15 min cause no one showed like the rock climbing wall contest. The girls enjoyed the dance lesson thing (some cupid shuffle and superman thing) They liked the scavenger hunts, hottie hunt was my 15year olds favourite due to the Chip and Dales being on our cruise:) . Teen mix and Quest, batttle of the sexes, Karaoke, hot tub party, sports tournaments and stuff like that. From what my DH and I saw there was almost always staff in there. Our kids had coke cards so don't know about the drinks.

hope this helps.

We were just on a 4 night and my 12 year old was with us. He did not participate in the organized activities. But we did head up there a few times because the sports deck (bball hoop and ping pong) is up there. I saw a sign that said no adults after 8pm (or something to that effect). But I think there are no adults at anytime in the indoor area adjacent to the outdoor sports area. RCI seems to do a great job with the Adventure Ocean kids program for under 12, but they don't have a grasp on the teens. And I think it is mainly because they can come and go as they please. Older kids don't want to be told what they can/cannot do. They tell parents that is where they are going, but they wind up wandering the ship. Think about it...at age 16...would you hang around the supervised teen center or go hang out on your own?

One of our tablemates was 16 and complained that the teens events were poorly organized and he wasn't going to bother with them because nobody ever showed up for them. He wound up hanging with his parents/us or just wandering the ship. He finally found some kids from his neighborhood that were on the ship. Our sailing seemed to be 75% Tampa Bay area because the kids vacation week. We were suprised to find we knew people on our sailing as well.

As for drinks...no they are not free. You can get the soda package for $4/day. They put a sticker on their Set Sail pass...and they get a drink mug.

Thanks for the info! I took a cruise 9 years ago on SOS and remember that there was a cinema. Is it still there and does anyone know what kind of movies they show and what hours they show them?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info! I took a cruise 9 years ago on SOS and remember that there was a cinema. Is it still there and does anyone know what kind of movies they show and what hours they show them?:rolleyes:

No they removed it when they did the refurb.

Archived