Post Cruise Excursion Question...

Say your flight doesn't leave until 8 pm on the last cruise day (embarkation?) - and you decide to do a shore excursion, booked through RCCL, what do you do with your luggage?

I've often wondered this... Thanks!

RCL has a luggage program for certain airlines for a fee they will get your bags from the ship to the airport if your flight is after a certain time. We've not used the program but I saw a flyer for it on our last cruise. Sounds good if not going on an excursion.

If you go on a RCL excursion post-cruise, the excursion info states whether they drop you off at the airport or not(some will if your flight is after a certain time).

Call RCL to verify the information since I have never used either method.

I just did this very thing on Adventure of the Seas. Our flight was 6PM and we did the rainforest excurcsion. What happened with ours is we went to a certain location with our excursion tickets and then when we were told we went down into the area where everyone's luggage is, found ours, and then took them outside where the excursion company had a gentleman taking our suitcases and explaining that he will be the first person we see with our luggage at the airport. As it turns out he was correct, however I did see some other folks before him but there are a lot of people at an airport. He was the first I saw off the bus though.

It did clearly state on our excursion that the tour ended at the airport, I don't know if there are other ways they get this done but it all worked out nicely. We tipped the guy and went on our way.

Archived