Anyone back from Celebrity Mercury Mexican Riviera? Entertainment? Formal Nights?

Live the good life

We have been reading the reviews from cc members regarding 2003 Mexican Riviera cruises...Very excited about our upcoming cruise...Wondering whether there have been any recent changes/improvement for this season?

For those of you who have experienced the Mercury in 2004, the sharing of your experience on this ship in terms of entertainment (live band at the pool, piano players, Spanish guitarist at the aft bar at sailaways, music in the main dining room, comedians, shows, etc...) would be greatly appreciated...At what time(s) were the shows offered nightly in the theater?

Also, which nights were formal nights?

Thanks, Kim

• 3 weeks later...

I just posted this in another thread of Celebrity Lines.

We had 2 formal nights during this cruise.

Some shows were before dinner, some after dinner. In general I found them a little disappointing, have seen better ones.

Ine

<<We did the Mexico cruise on Mercury. dep. Sept. 24 from San Francisco. So no Christmas, but we enjoyed the cruise very much.

No, I havenot seen any spanish guitarplayer, sorry.

During lunchtime there was a band playing at the pool and also during sail-off.This band played almost nightly in the nightclub, I can recommand them.

During dinner there was classical music by 3 or 4 ladies, who also played in the bar/coffeeshop (donot recall the name) before dinner. They played very well.

In another bar at night there was a duo male/female singing and playing, also very entertaining. One of the nights the "big-band" played in the same bar.

The weather in general can be fine, it cools of at night. Rainy-season is over. Of course you can make a whale-watach tour in PV, I recommend "open-air expeditions", which sails with Zodiac (www.vallartawhales.com) Or the trip in Jeeps - the Sierra Madre expedition, driving through the country and rivers, visit villages, see the daily life and a great bbq at a very nice beach.

In Cabo take a watercabtour for $ 10.- each, in 1 hour see Los Arcos, Lovers Beach, Seal Rock etc.

Mazatlan we found disappointing, but there is a tour that shows the city, the cathedral etc.>>

Ine

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Ine for the infos. My daughter and I will be going shopping this weekend for formal night dresses for our upcoming cruise. After this cruise, we will start planning more seriously for our Summer 2005 Scandinavian/Russia cruise. We might spend a few nights pre-cruise in the Netherlands (DH had an opportunity to be in Amsterdam for business, but daughter and I have not). We are so much looking forward to all these cruises...

Kim

I donot know how you did it, but it looks great.

You will enjoy this cruise very much.

If you need any info or help for Europe/Amsterdam, let me know.

Ine

Archived