Having problems signing up for Captain's Club? Possible solution.

cybx

Hey all, I just completed my first cruise as an Adult with X and I tried to sign up for Captain's Club online and it wasn't working for some reason... so I called the CC phone number and tried that way. Well it took the lady a few minutes to find me because instead of being listed at my real address in Augusta, GA it had me listed in Augusta, AZ and my wife listed in Augusta, United Kingdom :confused:. Apparently doing an online check-in prior to your cruise can occasionally mess with your address, which seems totally bizarre.

Anyway, it was a quick fix once we figured out the problem, but I thought I'd let any new CC members like myself know of the issue just in case they were having issues as well.

I had a similar issue. I was able to register. However, after that, I could never really get into my profile on the CC page on X. It would always tell me their records didn't agree with mine.

It took several calls to figure out why. The reason? My address was listed as Mena, AR, instead of Dallas, TX. I have no idea why. One person changed it and told me it would take 72 hours to update. Even weeks after that, I still had a problem. I called back and the agent (luckily) told me that it needed to be changed in two areas. I never had a problem after that.

So, if you have issues logging in later, have them check the two places where addresses are stored.

Maybe the problems have to do with changing the requirements from points to number of cruises? Just was wandering through the Celebrity web site and several items I found worrisome. Switching from 11 points to 11 cruises to make Elite is a big change! Glad we seem to have been grandfathered in.

Am I missing something here:

NorthernLiteMaybe the problems have to do with changing the requirements from points to number of cruises? Just was wandering through the Celebrity web site and several items I found worrisome. Switching from 11 points to 11 cruises to make Elite is a big change! Glad we seem to have been grandfathered in.

I just went to the CC section on X and it states:

Elite Member Benefits

Includes all benefits of Classic & Select membership, plus:

Complimentary use of Thalassotherapy Pool on Galaxy and Mercury

Private Shipboard Departure Lounge with Continental Breakfast

Priority Tender Service

Priority Waitlist for Dining Room Seating

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Diamond Level

Plus all Select and Classic Member Benefits

*** After earning 10 cruise credits

Did this change take place a long time ago? I always remember Elite status being awarded after 10 cruise credits. Credits can be earned for suites and cruises of 12 or more nights

Am I missing something here:

NorthernLiteMaybe the problems have to do with changing the requirements from points to number of cruises? Just was wandering through the Celebrity web site and several items I found worrisome. Switching from 11 points to 11 cruises to make Elite is a big change! Glad we seem to have been grandfathered in.

I just went to the CC section on X and it states:

Elite Member Benefits

Includes all benefits of Classic & Select membership, plus:

Complimentary use of Thalassotherapy Pool on Galaxy and Mercury

Private Shipboard Departure Lounge with Continental Breakfast

Priority Tender Service

Priority Waitlist for Dining Room Seating

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Diamond Level

Plus all Select and Classic Member Benefits

*** After earning 10 cruise credits

Did this change take place a long time ago? I always remember Elite status being awarded after 10 cruise credits. Credits can be earned for suites and cruises of 12 or more nights

As I understand it (as a new CC member) you earn one cruise credit for every cruise you take and you can earn additional credits if you book longer cruises, suites etc. If the policy has changed it's not posted to their website.

I think they were updating their site over the weekend. I just went back and Elite is back to 11 cruise credits not cruises. It appears someone caught the mistake and fixed it. Elite is worth it if just for the debarkation day continental breakfast in, on Infinity, the SS United States. Oh, and those laundry coupons!

Archived