Does Hotel Finisterra in Cabo allow day visits?

jellj

Actually my husband and I spent a week at Hotel Solmar (the last hotel next to Lover's Beach/Divorce Beach), Oct. 07, and met some people who were from a cruise ship spending the day in the pool, etc. It is much nicer side than Medano, no vendors, private like, beach, quiet, with several pools. Two of the pools have ocean view. Do not know how much they spent. It is within walking distance to the flea market/pier. Try e-mailing them. DO NOT SWIM IN OCEAN ON THIS SIDE HOWEVER!

They must have snuck in somehow. SolMar is a timeshare resort and I'm sure the owners there would not be too happy to find cruisers in the loungers that they pay for!

If the pool area is not too busy, I personally don't have a problem with it but we own at 2 different resorts in Cabo and have often had to have non-guests removed because there was no where for us to sit!

Househunter, they actually paid a day use fee. I just don't remember how much. Yes, I am aware that it is timeshare. Perhaps management takes it on a case by case situation. The family had about 4-6 people in it, including children. During the day the pools are sparsely used. (Go figure).

SolMar is the oldest timeshare over on that beach. Perhaps if it was a really slow time of the season, they opened it up for day use (fees) to drum up a little cash. Anything is possible. Interesting that they were able to find that area. Most people don't generally go in that direction unless they are timeshare owners. Nice beach but absolutely no ocean swimming.

Yes, the Playa Grande is quite colorful. We walked by it daily, but never went in. It looks great, and we heard they had wonderful restaurants there as well.

Have a great time. We absolutely love Cabo. Went there on a cruise last year, thus deciding to spend a week there and see more of it.

Envious, as it is STILL snowing here!

Oh, I didn't know that they had a day fee! I am staying next door to the SolMar next week and I will check it out and report back!:)

Hey Househunter;

"Tooley" on the TripAdvisor Cabo board is an owner at Playa Grande. She's there for about 3 weeks every February. Also, I'm pretty sure that KatD (also on the Cabo board) is a long time owner at SolMar. Either one could probably give you the scoop on dining, etc at the SolMar beach resorts.

I have also owned at Playa Grande for many years- I was just responding to the day fee for cruisers at SolMar.:)

Good for you. Looks like a nice place. We own at Sunset Beach. I'm jealous your getting back there soon. Because of planned 12 & 14 day cruises, our next visit to Sunset Beach won't be until Oct/Nov 2009 (sniff, sniff).

• 3 weeks later...

We have been to cabo three times on cruises and two of those times we walked to the hotel Finistera and uses their pool. We ordered drinks and food around the pool. My kids loved it.

SolMar is the oldest timeshare over on that beach. Perhaps if it was a really slow time of the season, they opened it up for day use (fees) to drum up a little cash. Anything is possible. Interesting that they were able to find that area. Most people don't generally go in that direction unless they are timeshare owners. Nice beach but absolutely no ocean swimming.

Why is there absolutely no ocean swimming here? Undertow, rocks, sharks?

Where is the best place for swimming in Cabo? Can you walk from the tenders to Medano beach and swim there? Do you have to pay for chairs etc? What about the Cannery beaches?

First time to Cabo, need to learn more.

Thanks,

Tony

Archived